Chapter 8

Nathan's POV

I listened in awe as my quiet, shy, beautiful, strong, perfect mate talked about space like she was an expert. Which I guess she is... She really does know about space and the life of stars. It just amazed me that she knew so much about it. She just kept going and going and I loved it.

I will never get tired of her voice. As she finished telling me about black holes she yawned.

"That's a lot of what I learned about space." She sighed, snuggling closer into me, if that was possible, making my wolf howl in joy that our mate was wanting to be closer.

"You're amazing... have I told you that?" I whispered in her ear and I saw her shiver slightly at the feeling of my breath on her neck.

"I-I'm just one star in an infinite universe..." I got lost in her beautiful green eyes and watched them twinkle like the stars above.

"Some stars shine brighter than others." I saw a very genuine smile light up her face and she quickly hid her face in my chest but I saw it before she hid it. Her face was bright red, and it was so adorable. She then yawned again.

"Do you have the energy to go back? Or do you just want to stay here for the night Angel?" I whispered in her ear again.

"Is is safe enough to stay here?" She asked.

"Definitely. I have never encountered anyone here before and it is a very steep hill, we would be able to hear if anything was trying to climb." I assured her.

"Could we stay? I've never been outside this long before and I don't want to leave the stars." She asked in such a sweet adorable voice, I melted on the spot.

"Of course Angel." She smiled and snuggled impossibly closer to me while watching the stars with sleepy eyes. "Sleep," I whispered. "I'll be by your side the whole night." I raised my other hand slowly and tucked a stray strand of hair out of her face and behind her ear. Her eyes slowly drifted close, a small blush on her smiling face.

I just watched the stars a little longer as my perfect mates breathing slowed and steadied. After a while of being lost in my own thoughts, I felt Bailey move. I watched as her lips twitched into a smile and she sighed while snuggling her face more into my chest, causing my heart to flutter.

"How can you be so perfect?" I whispered to her. "How can you not see how beautiful you are?" I sighed quietly, examining her face. "You are so strong and you have no idea! Goddess, you are a princess! And I'm just an Alpha. You survived the roughest childhood I've ever seen, I've barely had any pain compared to that. Why would the Moon Goddess pair me with someone so amazing? What have I done to deserve you Bailey? But that's the thing, I've done nothing, I haven't done anything worthy of being your mate, or a king."

I, once again, got lost in my thoughts as I watched her sleep. My wolf sighed in contentment. Slowly, I drifted off as well, holding my mate in my arms.

"Nathan." I heard a very melodic woman's voice. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see I was in a forest in the day time. It was beautiful, the leaves and grass were so green and beautiful full flowers covered the ground. I was looking for the voice and saw a tall woman dressed in an ivory colored dress that blew in the wind. Around her neck was a silver necklace with a shimmering crescent moon dangling in the middle. Her eyes sparkled green like the grass around us and her hair was as black as night and it seemed to shimmer like the stars in the night sky. "Nathan." She repeated.

"Who are you?" I asked. She smiled and showed me her perfect white teeth.

"You already know who I am Nathan."