Chapter 10

Light Editing! (Sorry...)

Nathan's POV

After that dream with The Moon Goddess, I woke up to Bailey screaming. She thrashed back and forth, her eyes still closed. Underneath her eye lids, they were darting back and forth frantically.

She was whimpering and whining about something. Something about the pain, how she  deserved it and how this is how it feels to be betrayed. I called out her name and touched her shoulder, gently shaking her.

She whimpered again and I yelled her name louder. Finally she shot away and looked around frantically. When her eyes landed on me, they softened for a second but then widened in fear and horror. She whimpered and jumped away from me, covering her face.

Hurt washed over me and my wolf Titan.

'What did we do wrong?' He asked me.

She squeezed her eyes shut in pain, my wolf yelled at me to go comfort her.

"Hey, hey Bailey. You're ok, it was just a nightmare." I said softly to her. "You're awake now, you're safe." I scooted just a little closer to her, hoping she would let me comfort her. She whimpered and backed away more. The pain of slight rejection sparked in me. I was confused, just a little while ago she was cuddling by my side, trusting me, now she is shying away like I was him.

She pulled her legs up to her chest like she does when she is in pain and scared.

"Bailey?" I whispered, hoping she would recognize me. "It's me, Nathan." I held my hand out to show her that it really was me and that I wasn't going to hurt her. She just stared at my hand with a pained expression as a tear trickled down her beautiful perfect face.

"Please Bailey, look at me?" She slowly looked up and met my eyes for a slit second. They held so much fear and pain, it tore me up inside at the thought that I was the cause for it.

"See? It's just me, I won't hurt you." I moved a little closer. "You're safe now, it's ok. I would never hurt you. He is never coming back." I said as soothingly as possible as I got closer. She just looked at me and stayed silent and still.

I slowly, very slowly, rested my hand on the back of her cold one. She visibly flinched which made Titan whimper. She whined and pulled away from my hand.

"S-Stay away!" She moved further away from me.

'What did we do?' Titan howled in pain.'Fix mate!!'

As Titan was being loud, I noticed Bailey getting near the edge. "Stop Bailey! The edge!" I yelped. She froze and looked down. Then she looked all around and flinched when she saw me.

"I'm sorry Bailey, for whatever I did. I'm sorry." I whispered, trying to find out what I did wrong. "Please, come away from the edge?" She shook her head and I couldn't stop the pain from showing on my face.

I jumped when she suddenly cried out in pain. She clawed at her chest and cried harder. I whimpered as I knew I couldn't help if she didn't want it.

"Please Bailey! Let me help you!" She shook her head and covered her ears a little.

"S-Stay away from m-me." She hiccuped.

"Please don't push me away!" I said super softly. "I just want to help." I kept repeating soft comforting things as I slowly approached her. Once I was right next to her, I carefully wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my lap. She stiffened and I whispered in her ear.

"Shhhh. It's ok Baby. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for whatever I did. I'm here now though, I'm here for you. Always." I released my calming aura. She breathed in my scent and I felt little fireworks wherever she was touching me.