Chapter 11

-~Light editing~-

Nathan sighed and sat down on the couch. I walked over and he held out his arms. I slowly walked into them as he wrapped them around me. He gently pulled me down onto his lap and I curled up, resting my head on his chest. "Are you ok?" He asked, wrapping his arms securely around me. I held my head low in shame.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I whispered. "Are you ok?"

"I am now that you are back in my arms. But seriously, are you hurt anywhere? Did they do anything to you?" I shook my head. We sat in silence for a little while, just enjoying each other's company.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"For what Angel?"

"For running away, for scaring you, for pushing you away, for not trusting you like I should. I was a horrible mate and hope you could one day forgive me." He growled softly causing tingles to crawl up my arms and neck.

"You are not a horrible mate Bailey! You are an amazing perfect mate! I am the one who is a bad mate!"

"B-But you did nothing wrong! I'm the one that messed up! I ran away from you!" I whimpered. Nathan was quiet for a few seconds, the silence was killing me.

"What did I do to cause you to run away? I'm so sorry Bailey." He whispered with pain in his voice. I sighed and pulled away from his chest to look him in the eye. I slowly rested my hands on either side of his face, looking deep into his eyes. He leaned into my touch slightly and looked back into my eyes.

"You did nothing wrong. You did absolutely nothing wrong Nathan. Please don't apologize for something you didn't do." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"I thought I lost you. I-I didn't know where you went, I didn't know if he found you. O-or if I did something wrong that made you leave. I didn't know if I would ever see you again." His voice cracked with so much emotion, his eyes began to water. "When you woke up from whatever nightmare you were having, it was like you didn't even recognize me! Then when I finally was able to calm you down and fall asleep, I woke up and you were gone! I followed your trail but you just vanished. I wasn't able to follow it. Not even my best trackers were! Then when I got the call you were with in another pack, I freaked out. When I saw you hiding behind another male, trusting him more than me, I-I thought I lost you for good. I didn't know what I did wrong! I can't live without you Bailey, I can't." I felt my bottom lip quiver. With the pad of my thumb I brushed away a large warm tear that trickled down his face.

"I'm so sorry for making you think that. I'm so sorry for causing you pain." I whispered, looking deep into his sad beautiful blue eyes. "The nightmare." I confessed. "It didn't just have him in it." Then I went on to explain what happened in the dream, from start to finish with my eyes closed from the pain. When I finished, a red hot burning tear leaked from my eye.

So much for staying strong for Nathan...

I jumped slightly as I felt his thumb gently wiping away the tear. I slowly opened my eyes and was met with the sad eyes of Nathan.

"I'm so sorry Angel. But you know I would never do that right?" I nodded my head slowly.

"I know. Thank you." I curled back up on his lap and rested my head by his heart. I closed my eyes and let myself block everything out with the steady rhythmic beating of his heart. His calming scent, strong arms, steady heart beat, and the love I felt from him made me smile and cuddle closer.

"I have something for you from the truck." Nathan said, breaking the silence. He reached over to the end table near the couch and picked something up. I pulled away to see he was holding the small present from my father... the king... My eyes widened. I carefully took the silver box out of his hands and held it, still noticing the slight hum.