III

KC's POV
KC looked at Omari who looked like he just seen about 8 ghosts, Santa Clause, the Grinch and a elf (😉) all at once. And to top that off, he had blood on his shirt. Upon seeing this, KC rushed over to him checking to see if he was the one bleeding. "It's not my blood" Omari says, and KC can hear the shakiness in his voice. "It's not yours? Then who's is it? KC asked, frowning.

"I don't know names, it just all happened so quick, Doni just did it with no hesitation, no warnings, the dude was probably just as confused as I was, he just-" Omari's voiced cracked as he cut himself off. "What are you talking about? What happened? Omari talk to to me... please" KC said looking him in his horror filled eyes. Omari looked back at her, then looked down, closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, then looked back up.

"Just start at the beginning okay" KC said sitting down next to him. Omari looked straight ahead, then began to explain what happened.

"Earlier today I was just chilling at home, then Doni comes banging on the door like he 5-0, telling me we got some shit to do, then I ask what and he say don't worry about it, just come on, and I do." Omari stops for a second, then continues on. "So we just sitting in the car, chilling, smoking, and talking about random shit, then all of a sudden Doni go quiet and start staring ahead at some nigga walking into a alley way, I tried talking to him and he tell me to shut up and be quiet, then he hands me a gun and tells me to cover my face. So now I'm thinking we bout to rob somebody, and I'm not down for that right now, so I star arguing with him about it and he tells me we not doing that, so now I'm confused as hell, and then he tells me to just get out the car, be quiet, and follow him, and I do." Omari stops again and looks over at KC. "Don't worry, I'm listening, go on." She says reassuring him.

Then we start sneaking into to the alleyway the dude from before went in. He was selling something to this crackhead looking woman, then Doni tells me to stay here, and that he was gonna go around the other way, I say alright even though I'm still confused about what we doing, then out of nowhere I hear Doni start yelling and cursing and shit, so then I turn the corner to see Doni telling the dude get on his knees."

"Then he see me and tell me to come check if the dude had anything on him, and I'm thinking so we are robbing this dude, then Doni start talking saying shit like "You thought I we wouldn't find out huh" and "You thought you could play with and my money, well you thought wrong" then ole dude is on his knees shaking, looking terrified saying he don't know what Doni's talking about and he ain't do nothing, then Doni starts up again talking about how the dude was a mole for the 800, and he was tryna get dirt on 6-block (a gang) and how he made a mistake fucking with us, and through all of this the dude is pleading to Doni, telling him he don't know nothing to the point where he was starting to cry. Then the next few seconds are just-" 

Omari stops again closing his eyes, like he was reliving the moment again. KC speaks up after being silent for so long, "If it's to hard to tell, you don't have to, I understand." "No!" Omari says, jerking his head up "I gotta tell someone, I can't keep it in, it's just gonna eat me alive even more.." KC looks at him sideways, as if she's trying to read all of the emotions he's feeling right now.

"Then continue, and take your time if you need to" KC says and Omari nods his head. "Then as I'm getting ready to tell Doni maybe we should hear this dude out, I hear his gun cock, then he points it at the dudes head.. then both me and the dude are pleading with Doni not to shoot, but our words meant nothing to him, and then, without even flinching, he pulled the trigger, and the dudes blood and brains splattered all over me..."

KC felt her heart shatter as she heard Omari's voice crack, he sounded like he was about to cry, and he looked like he was trying his best to hold in his tears. "After that, I just stared at Doni, who just stood there, looking at the dudes body... then after that.. I- I.. I ran. I dropped the gun and just ran. I knew I couldn't go home, so I just came here, and waited for you to come home."

Once he stopped talking, KC knew it was her turn to speak. "I'm so sorry Mari', that must've been... wow I couldn't imagine seeing through some  shit like that" KC said. " So what are you gonna do?" She asked "What can I do? I can't snitch and if I do, I might as well just pick my plot in cemetery now. There's nothing I can do, when you join a gang, this is the life that comes with it, I was told that right from the beginning. I just need to toughen up and forget about it." Omari says looking up at the ceiling, like he was talking more to himself that KC.  "And I don't know how he feel about me running away, for all I know there could be a group of niggas out looking for me right now" he says. KC looks at him, then at the floor, then back at him. "If you want you can stay here tonight, if you're not comfortable going back out." KC says looking straight at him as he nods his head. "Thank you" Omari says, standing up "You can go take a shower, and put on some of Kenan's clothes, y'all about the same size." KC says walking out of her room and towards the stairs. "Thanks again Kiana" Omari says which shocks KC, because people only ever call her by her real name if it's something serious, but Omari NEVER called her that, even in serious situations, so why was he calling her that now. So many weird things had happened that night from Cameron and now this, KC was just ready to go sleep and for that day to end.