VII .

KC's POV

I stood there in absolute shock. Omari... and Cameron.. were facing each other looking all kinds of pissed off, surrounded by a bunch of people egging them on to fight. It was like time stopped. 'Should I jump in and stop them?' I kept asking myself 'How would that end?' 'Could I even break them up?' But my body reacted faster than my brain, and it was clear it had made a decision when I ended up grabbing Omari's and pulling him back, getting in the middle of the two. "Yo! What the hell is going on?" I say pushing Omari back even more, but he doesn't say anything, and that's when Cameron chimes in "This nigga started with me, came up to me talking about some bullshit" Cameron says "What did you say O?" I ask Omari, but he still stayed silent, him and Cameron just glaring at each other. "ALL RIGHT! EVERYONE DISPERSE OR YOU WILL FACE CONSEQUENCES" the security officers says on his dumbass  megaphone he carries around for some reason. "GET TO CLASS OR GET TO LUNCH NOW!" As he says that everyone circling us starts to walk away, sucking their teeth cause they ain't get to see a fight. "Is there a problem here?" The guard asks, as Omari and Cameron stare each other down, after a few seconds that felt like minutes, Cameron speaks up "Nah, there ain't no problem" he says as he looks at Omari then at me and walks away.  "I suggest you all get to lunch, I don't want to have to have to call your sister and distract her from working Ms. Cooper" the guard says looking with his hands on his hips "I know" I say sighing. He walks away as Sebastian and Tay walk up to us, Sebastian handing me my bag "Come on, I heard their serving pizza today" Sebastian says trying to break the silence. "Yeah... Let's go" Omari says picking up his bag as we all start walking towards the lunchroom. 

We walk into the lunch room and see Mo already sitting at the table waiting for us. We hurry through the lunch line and sit down at the table with Mo. We all sit in silence for a few minutes until Mo speaks up "Um.. what happened?" "What you mean, nothing happened" Tay says not looking up "Um, something obviously happened for all of you to just be sitting here in complete silence, especially you, Tay" "That not true" Tay says finally looking up "Tay, it literally takes KC smacking you in the back of the head to get you to stop talking, and sometimes that doesn't even work"  Mo says "Well I guess today I'm just not into it". Mo raises her eyebrow but doesn't respond. 

More silence passes,but during the silence I notice Sebastian kept glancing up, then quickly looking down, and Mo seems to catch on to this because she starts to speak up, quite loudly may I add "Is there a reason why they keep staring over here?" She says "Who" I say raising my eyebrow "Them over there, those 800 niggas" At that, Omari's head  immediately jerks up and he turns to look at them and just as Mo said, there were staring at us, more so Omari, with looks that could kill. Omari started to say something, but that's when his view was blocked by Adonis walking in front of him. He looks up and Adonis has on his signature mad nigga face on. "What's up man" Omari says "Not much, been trying to get in contact with you" Adonis says pushing himself in between me and Omari and sitting down. He puts him arm around Omari's shoulder, looked more like his neck if you ask me and whispers something in his ear. 

OMARI'S POV

Adonis holds on to my shoulder, hard, and whispers in my ear "Why the fuck you been ducking and dodging me?"  He says, venom laced within his calm voice. He looks like he want's to beat my ass, and it was honestly really intimidating, but I couldn't let him see that "I ain't been dodging you, I just been busy" I say acting like I wasn't fazed by him "Is that right" "Yeah, I was finna' hit you up later today anyway" I say, tryna save me ass.  Adonis just stares at me until Tay finally breaks the silence "Ayo Doni, I won the bet, I want my money!" "I gotchu mane" Adonis says, finally letting me go and looking away from me "You always say that, I'm sick off being conned" Tay says folding his arms "Yeah, yeah, whatever". The two of them and Mo start chopping it up while me, KC, and Seb. just listen, but I can tell KC isn't really listening and Adonis seemed to catch on to KC's vibe. Then, what he does next boils anger in me, and I don't understand why.

KC's POV

I was lost in my thoughts until I felt a arm drape around me and I knew exactly who it was even before they spoke. "What's good which you" Adonis says "Get your arm off of me. Now." I say, not even looking at him "Damn alright ma, you not in the mood, i get it" Adonis says removing his arm and putting his hands up. I look over and see Omari with a scowl on his face but before I can say anything, the bell that signals lunch is over rings. Everyone in the lunchroom starts to get up and leave, including us. We say our byes, and I see Adonis whispering to Omari and then he signals Omari to follow him, but before I could follow them, Mo grabs my arm and pulls me out the lunchroom. She starts pulling me towards class and as were walking she starts to speak. "So.. are you still pissed at me?" Mo says looking down "Nah, I was never pissed at you, I just haven't been really been myself lately" We don't say anything and walk into class. 

It feels like the school day took forever to end, and after today, I just wanted to go home. I started to walk out the school towards the school yard when I hear someone call my name. I look up to see Cameron standing by his car, signaling me over to him.  I contemplate whether to go but I decide to just go see what he wants. "What do you want" I say, sounding more annoyed then I realized and Cameron seemed to catch on to it "You mad at me?" He says getting closer to me "Why would I be mad?" I say very unenthusiastically "Cause me and yo homeboy got into it" "So, that ain't got nothing to do with me" I say "Then why you get in between us" Cameron says  "Because i'm not gonna let ya'll fight, especially if it wasn't  that serious" I say as he nods "So what you bout' to do?" Cameron asks me "Go home" I say "Nah, you bout' to roll with me" He says, so nonchalantly "Excuse me, whatchu mean" I say, quickly perking up "I mean you gon' roll with me for while" Cameron says "Says who?' "Says me, let's go" He says walking towards the driver side of his car "Why does this feel like a set up" I say watching him as he walked "Why the hell would I try to set you up?" He says "I don't know, maybe you tryna kidnap me or something" I say "You don't weigh shit, if i wanted to kidnap you I wouldn't need to set you up" He says opening the car door "Come on, it'll be fun" He says smiling, flashing his signature golden fang grillz. I roll my eyes smiling, and get into the passenger side of the car, and we pull off away from the school.