Ch. 4: Working With The Bad Girl

I look down at Kat, standing at her bedside, and trail the back of my hand gently down the side of her face. I hope that she won't die on me. She's my sire and I have, and will always care deeply about her. She can't die on me. Not now. Not ever. I won't let it happen. I'll die before I'll let anything happen to her. I stifle a growl as I think about it. She wouldn't be in this position if it hadn't been for Klaus. If only Klaus hadn't killed Elena. But I gave Elena my blood. She'll come back. But if she comes back as a vampire or in transition to become a vampire, I will stake her myself. That I vow. And I never ever take back my promises and vows. I never have and I won't start now. If Katherine dies by the clutches or hands of Klaus, I will personally kill him myself, or die trying to kill him, no matter what the consequences are. That's how much I care about her.
Just then, my cell phone vibrates and I take it out. It's Bonnie.
I answer it.
"Tell me you have something for me."
"They were really mad, but I heard a name. Klaus."
"Thanks, Bonnie."
I hang up.
I bend down and kiss her forehead before leaving the room.
Elena is just coming over to my room.
"Elena, stay with Katherine. Klaus bit her. She's dying. Bonnie just told me that she heard Klaus' name amongst the witches. I have to go do something."
"Be careful, Damon."
"I'll try."
"And Damon, don't do anything stupid."
I give her a smile, before vanishing down the stairs and out of the house.

An hour later, I stand with Rebekah, Klaus' sister, in a dark alley.
"Your brother seems to have bitten Katherine. I know you hate her, but she's my sire. My family. You have to help me."
"What do you want me to do?"
"Get me Klaus' blood. Just one or two vials of it."
"Very well then. You do know I'm only doing this because it's for you and it's a family matter, right?"
"I get that, Rebekah. Now please go. And do hurry."
I watch her leave the alley at vamp speed. I only hope we won't be too late to save her life.