Chapter 2: Ice Cream

Y/N POV

I was eating alone in the cafeteria before Ruby forced me to sit with her and the rest of her team.

"That's the first time I ever saw a Nevermore, and the last time it saw me."

"WOAHHHHH!" Ruby says from across the table.

"You took down a Nevermore by yourself?!" Ruby's sister exclaims.

"Do you ever listen?" Weiss says in a sharp tone.

"Well I'm sorry if I have better things to do!" Yang shouts.

The two continued to argue, but something else caught my attention.

"Ow! Please stop that," a Faunus girl said to some tall douchebag playing around with her ears.

"I'll be back," I growl, getting up from my seat.

I walked behind the brute and hit him in the back of the head with my cane. Hard.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall," I say to the unconscious figure on the floor.

"Thank you so much! I don't know what would have happened if you didn't stop him," the Faunus says in gratitude.

"Hey don't worry about it," I reply.

"HEY JACKASS!" someone shouts towards me.

I turn around to see what I can assume are the bully's goons. I quickly activate Lotus, ready for a fight.

"Do we have a problem, gentlemen?" I ask holding my weapon in a defensive position.

"Yeah I think we might," one of the guys says.

The three begin to approach me, however I decided to take the initiative and dashed towards them, a singular slash depleting their auras and knocking them out and onto the floor.

"Woah! That was SO COOL!" Ruby exclaims as I get back to my seat.

"Why did you interfere?" Weiss asks.

"I couldn't just let that happen, doesn't matter if they're a different species than us," I say.

Suddenly, Blake looked up and talked to me for the first time.

"I think you're absolutely right."

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/N running from an angry chibi Neo

Class was over for the day and I decided it would be nice to get some ice cream. As I was heading towards the ice cream parlor I bumped into some kid, accidentally knocking them over.

"Sorry about that, kid!" I say, reaching a hand out to the figure on the ground.

The kid slaps my hand away and stands up by themself. Now that they're standing, I could finally make out their appearance. It appears that I bumped into a short girl with multicolored hair and different eye colors. She huffed angrily before taking out her scroll, typing something on it. After finishing typing, the girl shows me her scroll.

"Kid?!! Do I look like a kid to you?!!" the scroll says.

"Well, uh, you kind of do..." I say, rubbing the back of my head.

She begins typing again.

"Well I'm not! You're lucky I don't teach you a lesson!" the girl's scroll displays.

She took out an umbrella, looking ready to smack me with it.

"Hey, let's not get violent now," I say, slightly backing away. "How about I buy you ice cream from the parlor over there to make it up to you?"

The girl's face lit up at the mention of ice cream.

"In that case, I might consider forgiving you," she types.

"That's all I need to hear."

"Quit talking and get me my ice cream!" the anxious girl types.

"No need to ru-HEY!"

The two of us walk into the parlor, or rather I was dragged in by the small and surprisingly strong girl.

"Go ahead and pick whichever flavor you want," I say, getting out of my companion's death grip.

The girl got a neapolitan ice cream while I got one with vanilla and chocolate. We then proceeded to walk to the park to sit and eat our ice cream.

"This is really good!" types the small girl.

"Sure is," I say as I finish my ice cream.

We just sat there for a while before I decided to break the silence.

"So I didn't catch your name when we met."

"My name's Neo," the girl types on her scroll.

"Nice to meet you, Neo. I'm Y/N," I reply with a smile.

"Look, it's getting late and I gotta get going or my friend will worry. I'll see you around?" Neo's scroll says.

"I'll be sure to find you some other time," I say.

Neo gets up and begins to walk away.

"Neo?"

Neo turns around to face me with a questioning look.

"Does this mean you forgive me?" I smirk.

Neo just rolls her eyes and walks away, but I could swear that I saw a small smile stretch across that adorable face of hers.