Chapter 12: Mountain Glenn Part 2

Y/N POV

"I love you," Neo croaked.

My eyes widened at the fact that the once mute girl could talk. "Neo....you can talk?" I ask, extremely shocked by both her statement and her newfound voice.

Neo tried talking again, but was interrupted as she began to cough violently to the point where there was blood. Realizing her limit, Neo decided to take a hold of her scroll once again and began to type.

"I wasn't always like this," the scroll said. "I used to be a problematic kid. I got in with the wrong crowd, found some things I shouldn't have. Guess they realized things would go to shit if I let my mouth run." Neo pulled down her shirt a bit to show a scar running across her neck.

"You're missing your voice and I'm missing my memories. We'll be together forever," I chuckle.

Neo smiled at my comment as she wrapped her arms around me in a warm embrace.

"Oh come on," I say. "No need to get sentimental. You know Roman won't let us hear the end of it if he sees us like this."

Wonder what Roman's up to right now.

Roman POV

"LOAD UP THE TRAIN! WE'RE GETTING THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" I yelled at the White Fang grunts as they began to rush towards the large chain of cargo compartments. The only good thing about keeping these animals here is the fact that they don't question any of the orders I give them.

"Roman what the fuck!" Y/N yelled as he ran out of one of the run-down buildings with Neo right behind him.

"Sorry, kids, but we got some company!" I yell back.

"Get the hell back here! Nobody just kidnaps my sister and gets away with it!" the blonde bimbo yelled. She was angry enough that she literally began to catch on fire.

Neo turned to face Yang as she approached, brandishing her parasol in preparation for a fight. However, I ran back and literally carried her away.

"I've already gotten my ass kicked by her and I'm not keen on doing it again!" I yell as we sped towards the trains. The rest of the White Fang members were already on-board and ready to go.

Ruby POV

Me and the others watched as the train began to depart from the hideout. We were so close to catching Torchwick as well as getting Y/N back.

"Well what are we waiting for?" I exclaim. "Let's go after them!" I began speeding towards the departing train.

"You heard the girl!" Yang shouts as she follows her sister.

"Hotheaded as always..." Weiss sighs, going after the two.

"We should follow them, professor," Blake says to their supervisor as she begins to run after the rest of her team.

"It's doctor!" Oobleck yells, chasing after team RWBY. "I didn't earn the PhD for fun!"

Neo POV

Me, Y/N, and Roman all stood in the control room of the enormous train as we sped towards the city of Vale. The plan was to blow up parts of the tunnel using explosives packed in the various cargo carts to create openings, allowing for the Grimm outside to follow the train into the city.

"They're on the train," Roman says, pointing at a red flashing screen. "You two are up."

"Sorry Roman, but I'm gonna have to stay out of this one," Y/N says.

"What?" Roman seems surprised. "Why?"

"I don't wanna hurt those girls," Y/N says. "In fact I don't wanna hurt anyone."

"Well you chose the wrong profession then," Roman sighs, exasperated.

"I know I agreed to help you, but I don't want to fight. Things might have been different back in my other life, but I just want to live a peaceful life now. The only reason I even agreed to this was because I thought I would get answers, but that isn't important anymore," Y/N says.

"Alright fine! Fine fine fine!" Roman exclaims. "Neo you go get them."

I nod as I head towards the back of the train.

Y/N POV

A bit of time had passed before the train bursted into the city of Vale, the Grimm following right along. As we all got out of the train we saw how the Grimm had begun to overrun the city, already beginning to cause damage.

I took out my weapon as numerous Grimm began to circle me. "Maybe just this once."

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Neo and Chibi Ruby beating me up for not updating. (Help)

After the battle, the Atlas military had taken Roman away while Neo was nowhere to be found. I would have been taken too had the headmaster of Beacon not intervened. The two of us were currently sitting in his office at Beacon. Wonder why he cares so much about me.

"Because you don't seem to be a criminal,
Y/N," Ozpin says, almost like he read my mind.

"How did you..." I stutter.

"I may just be an old man, but with age cones knowledge," Ozpin replies. "I know a fighter when I see one. And you're done fighting, aren't you?"

This certainly caught me off guard. He was able to tell what I was feeling without a thought to spare. Exactly how much does this guy know about me? Guess I'll just have to be honest with him.

"Well, you're not wrong..." I sigh. "This whole time I've been trying to figure out who I was, but maybe it's time I turned a new leaf."

Ozpin seemed to gaze off in thought as we both sat in silence. "Do you see those ships in the sky?" Ozpin suddenly says.

I followed his gaze, looking out the window to view the airships floating above the city. "They're Atlas airships right?"

"Precisely," Ozpin says.

"But why would they be here..." I mutter, before realization hit me "Something's about to go down."

Ozpin smiled before taking a sip from his cup. "I see you're still as observant, if not more, as all those years ago. You've grown."

There was another moment of awkward silence before the headmaster once again broke the silence.

"I've arranged for your transfer to a...safe house, of sorts," Ozpin says suddenly. "You'll be able to stay out of the fight if that's really what you want."

"Uh...ok," I say, getting up to head towards the elevator.

"Don't forget the cane," Ozpin says from behind his desk, gesturing to my weapon that was laying next to the seat I was just in. "It was a gift after all."

A/N: Bit of a boring one, but I'm tired and I wanted to get something new out. Hope you guys enjoyed.