Chapter 5: Investigation

Neo POV

There was one day left before the White Fang rally and I really wanted to go see Y/N before I had to head to work. The problem was that I couldn't find him. Good thing Roman has eyes on the streets. I took out my scroll and messaged Roman.

Neo: Hey Roman, can you help me find someone?

Roman: Sure, what's their name?

Neo: Y/N.

Roman: Alright I'll see if my guys can find him.

Neo: Hurry up.

Roman: Okay I got it, I'm sending you the location right now.

Neo: About time.

Roman: Oh by the way, don't rush me next time. Just because you're adorable doesn't mean you can't be replaced.

Neo: You wouldn't 😉

Roman: Right. Have fun, ice cream girl. Try not to make a mess like last time.

Neo: He called me short!

Roman: I had to pick up the pieces of a man so I could bury him in a community garden!

Neo: Tell anyone and I'll bury you with him.

Roman: Uh oh, Cinder's coming over here.

Neo: Good luck 😊

I put my scroll away as I heard a girly scream come from across the hideout.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Neo hugging a charred chibi Roman

Y/N POV

I was going into the city to buy some cookies for Ruby when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I saw nothing at first, but when I looked down I saw the short ice cream themed girl I met a few days ago.

"Hey, Neo. What are you doing here?" I ask.

Neo began typing in her scroll. When she finished she turned it around to show me what she wrote.

"Not much, I was just trying to find you," her scroll says.

"Huh," I say. "You know, you never told me why you only use your scroll to communicate."

She began typing again, this time slightly annoyed.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm mute," the scroll says.

I could've sworn I saw her mouth the word "idiot."

"You seem kind of annoyed, wanna talk about it?" I say, laughing at my own joke.

*SMACK*

I put my hand up to my face, feeling the stinging red slap mark. "What was that for?!"

Neo just crossed her arms and faced away from me.

"Oh come on, I was just joking," I complain. "You know there's a thing called freedom of speech."

This time Neo took out her umbrella, ready to knock me out with it.

"Okay! Okay! I get it! I'll stop, just don't hit me with that thing!" I say as I shield my head with my arms.

Neo edges nearer to me, making me panic slightly. However, she pulled me into a hug instead. After she let go, she began typing in her scroll again.

"I actually missed you," Neo's scroll says.

"I thought we just met?" I ask.

Neo slightly frowned at that.

"Something about our friendship just feels right, okay?" her scroll says.

"Friendship? I thought you wanted to hit me with an umbrella for a second," I smirk at her flustered response.

"Stop teasing me," Neo "says" with a pout.

"Awww aren't you just adorable," I say as I pat her head.

Neo blushed madly at the gesture.

"You're heating up there, Neo. Are you feeling alright?" I ask in concern.

"I said stop teasing!" Neo responds.

"What? I wasn't teasing that time," I frown.

"Stop lying, you idiot!" Neo types before hitting me with her umbrella.

*BONK*

"Ow!" I yell.

Neo was silently laughing while I held my head in pain.

"So how have you been?" Neo asks on her scroll.

"Other than you hitting me in the head? Fine, I guess," I reply.

"You're never going to stop holding that against me, are you?" Neo pouts.

"Nope," I reply with a smile.

Our time together was interrupted by my scroll lighting up. A message from Ruby.

"Come to Beacon ASAP. We need you for something important, bring cookies," the text message says, though I ignored the last part.

"Sorry, Neo I gotta go," I sigh. "Give me your number, I'll talk to you soon."

Neo looked sad, but she gave me her contact information nonetheless. She then gave me a quick hug before I left.

"Bye, Neo," I say as she waves goodbye.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Neo hitting chibi Y/N in the head with her umbrella.

Beacon Academy

Y/N POV

Ruby's message seemed urgent so I hurried to Beacon as fast as I could, running through the halls towards team RWBY's dorm. As I ran in, I saw team RWBY along with a blue haired guy and the monkey Faunus from a few days ago.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask.

"Y/N you made it!" Ruby exclaims happily as she jumps at me, trapping me in a painful hug.

"Y-yeah," I groan, looking at the others for help.

"Ruby, I think you're suffocating him," Yang says, dragging her off of me.

"Sorry," Ruby says sheepishly.

"I'm fine," I lie. "Anyways, what did you need me for?"

"Ruby has suggested that we apprehend Roman Torchwick and the White Fang," Weiss states.

"Sounds fun, I'm in," I respond.

"Well that was quick," the monkey Faunus says. "Now what?"

"Now we go stop some baddies," Yang says with a smirk.