Stolen

The sun was hot against your (s/c) skin as the sun beat down on you savagely. The trek through the Gerudo desert was not an easy one, and though you were beginning to adapt to the extreme temperatures, being a Hylian vai didn't help much.

You had been asked to retrieve ice from the icehouse. The Gerudo who generally did so was sick, so you gladly filled in for her, unsuspecting of the  sandstorm on the horizon. It wasn't long before you found yourself completely and utterly lost. You hoped to make it to the Gerudo highlands, which were just beyond, to find a stable and return home. Of course, you couldn't be sure if there would be one—

"Hey!" A passing traveler waved, pulling you from your thoughts. You smiled and waved back, completely unaware of who and what that traveler was. "It's quite hot. What are you doing out alone in temperature like this?"

"Just passing through," you chuckled, beginning to feel a bit odd. Something about this character wasn't right.

"You don't need a ride or anything? I'm sure Bastion here would be able to carry you."

"Oh, uh, no, I'm fine, thanks. I should be going now."

His smile fell. "We'll do this the hard way, then."

"Wha—" you stuttered. He had disappeared. Your heart dropped when a familiar laugh echoed through the air. You spun around, the lantern dangling at your hip swinging wildly. He was gone.

Or so you thought, until the cool blade of a sickle pressed against your throat. You froze.

"I think you'll be coming with me."

That was the last thing you heard before everything went black.

A/N

So, this is my first fanfic. Feel free to comment and give constructive criticism. As said in my bio, I'm currently publishing my first novel, so I'm pretty excited to take on a smaller project to hone my skills.

Also, though the chapters are short in the beginning, they'll lengthen later on.

Thank you all for reading!

-Frost