Abandonment

7 threw the banister to the side, picked up his torch, and walked stiffly towards the chest at the foot of your bed. You scampered to the end of it--he didn't know you'd heard everything--and asked him what was wrong.

"It doesn't matter," he clipped, pulling out a duplex bow and strapping it to his back. "I have my orders. I'm leaving now, and there's nothing either of us can do about it."

"But there has to be! You don't know--"

"Yes," 7 interrupted. "I do. Every one of the Yiga soldiers is itching for a fight right now, and if you try to run, you're only giving them one. I can't help you now, y/n."

"W-what? Why? I mean, you're returning to the hideout at some point, right?"

If it was at all possible, he stiffened more, his actions growing more and more robotic as he packed a bag.

"No," he said finally. "None of us return until Link is dead. And I'm not an idiot like the others--he will kill each and every one of us. So no, I am not returning, because give it a week and I'm dirt in the ground."

He punctuated his words with a frightening shing as he sheathed his sword and spun around. Just before he would have left the room, he paused and looked over his shoulder.

"I wish you the best, y/n. You... you really didn't deserve any of this."

And then he was gone, and you were alone. Except this time, you knew it was permanent. The only one to have ever treated you like a human being, not a goddamn item, was gone, and he was never coming back.

A sharp pain pierced your chest when you realized that 7 was going to die. That, skilled and strong as he might be, the Master-Sword wielding Hylian would always be stronger.

"No," you growled, "this isn't where it ends. For either of us."

You picked up one of the vases at the foot of your bed and hid it beneath a sheet. Then, mustering a ditzy, confused face, you stumbled out of your chambers and into the new guard stationed there.

"Woah, woah, what do you think you're doing?" the Footsoldier growled.

"There's--there's a spider in my room!" you said. "It's big and scary and I need someone to kill it!"

The guard watched you for a moment, then conceded, mumbling something about not knowing how 7 put up with you. He pushed the banister to the side and you stumbled in, leaning back against your bed as the footsoldier investigated the walls.

"I don't see anything..."

"It's to the right of the bed, right there!" I said. He followed your gaze and walked past you. You couldn't help the smirk that tipped your lips as the prospect of victory hovered just within your grasp.

Your hands curled around the vase and you approached him slowly.

"Hey, there's nothing here. It probably ran awa--"

There was a crash as the vase came down upon his head and shattered. He collapsed to the ground.

"Yes!" you cheered quietly. Now that all the highest-ranking Yigas were gone, your chances of escape had increased that much.

"Hey!" someone shouted. Your head jerked to the side, and that's when you saw him.

Holding his windcleaver in one hand and a bow in the other, the Blademaster was looking right at you.