Eight

'S-Son Chaeyoung?' The two youngsters said in unison.

The old lady doesn't look like her age honestly. She looks like 20 years younger than her age yet she's getting weaker each day waiting for her certain visitors,

Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

'I've been waiting for you two' The old lady uttered with  such benign smile.

'H-how did you know we were coming?' Nayeon asked.

Both are looking very confused. The dream alone is already confusing enough.

'The painting by Jeongyeon' Chaeyoung gently said.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon glanced at each other.

'When Chaeyoung saw the painting, she wouldn't stop crying for weeks.' Mina placed a tea in front of Chaeyoung on the desk. 'Coffee? Tea?' Mina asked the two.

Nayeon shook her head while Jeongyeon,

'Ah—tea would be great, thanks'

Mina nodded and went to make tea for the latter

'Come sit, children' Chaeyound offered.

The two obliged and sat in front of Chaeyoung desk.

'You see, my sister, before she died, she had been talking about these weird nonsense theory like reincarnation and such' Chaeyoung forced herself to stand up, finding a certain book in the shelves. 'She believed in those things. Read about those things as she set her own beliefs and values' fingers traced through book to book in the huge bookshelve wall.

'Ah! Found it!' She whispered in satisfaction. She grabbed it and went back to her chair.

It wasn't a book. It's a journal. It look too old that it if you're not careful, it could rip. It's too delicate.

Chaeyoung carefully opened the delicate journal.

'She became the face of the differents—'

'Wwwait. I'm kinda lost. Who's your sister?' Jeongyeon interrupted.

The old lady looked at her, feeling a little tingly in her stomach. She smiled,

Mischievously.

'Who else could it be, Jeongyeon?'

'M-me?' Jeongyeon pointed at herself.

The old lady nodded with a smile.

'Jeongyeon is my older sister. She was the most carefree girl I know. She's never afraid to speak her mind. That's why she was the first person in our village to be called the different' Chaeyoung then traced the handwritten writings on the journal.

'Oh, my dear sister' Chaeyoung shook her head, memories played in her mind as she gets teary. 'Everything was going well for her. Oh, how she loved freedom'  The old lady smiled gently yet, it disappeared. 'Sadly, it didn't last long enough when she fell in love'

She looked at Nayeon who's looking very intrigued.

'That's where you come in, Nayeon' She said.

'I see you dreamt about the forest too. You wouldn' tbe here with Jeongyeon if you didn't' Chaeyoung pointed out.

'She's the one who dragged me here, actually' Jeongyeon said.