Ten

'Nayeon...'

The girl turned around to the short haired girl who's holding a newspaper. Mixed emotions are written all over her face.

'They actually just waited for us...'

Nayeon took a look of the newspaper,

'Former author, Son Chaeyoung and model/actress, Myoui Mina passed away at age 93 and 95'

Nayeon's heart broke. Both of their heart did. The two old lads were too nice to them and actually helped them a lot.

—————————

The two arrived in Seoul.

'So? I guess this is the time where we partways, huh' Nayeon scoffed bitterly, not wanting to leave.

It's not a secret that the bunny toothed girl had fallen in love with the painter. It's wrong, she knows that, but she can't help but fall in love even more when they found out about their past. But, she doesn't know if Jeongyeon feels the same. The girl only came with her because she was forced to. At least, that's what she thought.

She has three more days. Just three more days and she'd be tying a knot.

'Actually....' Jeongyeon looked side to side and scratched her nape. 'Wanna come over?'

Nayeon's eyes sparkled. She nodded in excitement.

They arrived at Jeongyeon's cozy apartment. Nayeon had only seen the outside of the building and she couldn't expect more with the painter. The living room was filled with big and outstanding paintings.

'You can just leave your luggage here. I'll cook something, you want anything specific?' Jeongyeon's warm welcoming voice.

'Ah, no, anything's fine' Nayeon smiled and Jeongyeon swore, her heartbeat is pounding fast and hard with the fact that they're alone in her apartment.

'Alright. You can look around if you want to kill time while I'm cooking'

Jeongyeon went to the kitchen. Nayeon started to look at the paintings up close. Everything is so detailed. It was magnificent.

A dim lit hallway caught Nayeon's attention. In each wall of hallway, are paintings. Paintings of a girl's back facing her. Long-haired, fair skinned, slim. For Nayeon, it was familiar. If not a girl's back facing her, it's the smiling eyes of a girl with a beauty mark that's almost non-existent because of her eyebrows blocking it. Then on the other paintings only has a bunny smile and the slim hands of a girl.

The paintings in the hallways are as if a puzzle. That when put together in one painting, a beautiful lady would appear.

Nayeon then walked at the end of the hallways, she ended in a room. She's not dumb to not know she's in Jeongyeon's room. She knows it's invading privacy but something inside Jeongyeon's room is pulling her.

She went in. And there she was. Looking at the most beautiful paintings in the world.

Forest of Freedom.

She's never seen it in person. But now, she's standing in front of it. She was in awe. How magnificent that is. Every little detailed meant a lot. It's her. She knows that. It's her with Jeongyeon.

Her eyes are becoming blurry with the overwhelming feeling.

'Hey'

She was startled and looked over to the doorway.

'Sorry, I—'

'It's okay. Nothing to be sorry about' Jeongyeon calmly said. She went to her room, standing beside Nayeon. They both looked at the paintings.

'I still can't make it sink in. To think that reincarnation is actually real and so is destiny and fate' Jeongyeon put her hand in her pockets looking at painting.

'It's the first time I've seen this' Nayeon uttered. 'It's beautiful' she smiled at the painting.

'Me too' Jeongyeon smiled that made Nayeon look at her. 'I mean, yeah I always see this painting. It's my painting after all but, I've never had the time to acknowledge its beauty because everytime I would look at this painting, it's only to ask questions about it. What's that place? Who are the girls in the paintings? Who's the girl in my dreams?' Jeongyeon exhaled deeply.

She turned to the girl and there's that heart and mind of hers again. Her brain and heart thinks the same thing; This girl's beautiful.

Nayeon then knew that Jeongyeon is staring at her so she turned to her.

'Nayeon...'

Nayeon hummed in response.

'D-do you think it's creepy? If I... uhm... started to like you...?' Jeongyeon ask.

Nayeon blushed. She chuckled at how much Jeongyeon stuttered.

'No. I think it's meant to happen' Nayeon showed her gummy smile.

'Ah-hahaha-ha. Right' Jeongyeon doesn't even know what to say. She's too nervous for this.

'I like you too, Jeong. But, you have to know something' Nayeon then, her heart started to pound.

—————————-

'You're saying, you're engaged and you're getting married in four months' Jeongyeon clarified.

Nayeon reluctantly nodded. 'I'm sorry...'

'This is bullshit. After all that reincarnation shit, I fucking wasted my time' Jeongyeon rubbed her face in frustration. 'Why didn't you tell me?'

'I was afraid you were gonna react this way...' Nayeon was getting all teary. She knows she ruined everything.

'Nayeon.... do you know how high my hopes were after I found out our past lives?' Jeongyeon groaned.

'I'm really sorry, Jeong.' Nayeon cried out.

Though, she's also hurting, she couldn't take it when Nayeon lets out heavy sobs. She pulled the girl in and hugged her tight.

'It's okay... no worries...' Jeongyeon lied.

It's not okay. She's not okay. But it just makes sense that the girl has a boyfriend. What does she know? She knows nothing. They've only met for one and a half week.

She pulled away and cupped Nayeon's cheek that are wet from her tears.

'Just—just be happy for me, okay?' Jeongyeon gently said.

Nayeon cried harder. She doesn't want to leave Jeongyeon. But she can't back out of the toxic relationship either or her family will take the blow.

Though, she nodded with Jeongyeon's phrases. It hurts. It hurts for both of them.

——————-

Kekekeke