Chapter 10

How long until we arrive? Who knew the wedding procession there would take so long.

"Xiao Lan, is there anything to do?" I yawn.

"Princess, I think we are almost there." She smiles. I couldn't help myself but tear up a bit.

"Xiao Lan, I'm sorry. If you weren't my personal maid, you wouldn't have to accompany me to this foreign land." I hold her hand as I apologize, then the guards shout in alert. "What's going on? Is there something wrong?!" I call out.

"Protect the Princess!" Shouting can be heard echoing around the carriage. Horse hooves galloping become louder as it approaches.

"Cui'er! Come with me!" The window curtain is drawn apart and there YiLan GeGe comes closer.

"YiLan GeGe, what are you doing?" I shout at him. What is he doing? Is he trying to ruin the alliance?

"Cui'er, I know this was forced on you, come with me! I can give you the happiness you desire!"

"YiLan GeGe, are you crazy?! This will not end well! Go back!" I shout at him to leave. If he dies, then he will never become the famed general of the Tang. I can't have history change more than it already has.

"Cui'er!" YuZhong rides his horse, coming closer. It is such a relief to see him.

"YuZhong!" I cry out to him, looking past YiLan. YiLan brandishes his sword at the incoming YuZhong. Pulling out his sword, YuZhong clashes with YiLan, each of them on their horses respectively, encircling each other.

"What's this? A thief?" YuZhong provokes YiLan.

"The thief is you! Cui'er was originally mine, I will have her back!" He lashes back at the remark.

"Xiao Lan, stay low." I whisper to her. "YiLan GeGe, I'm not going back with you," I state firmly. I have to stand my ground.

"Why! Is it because of the Emperor? I'm willing to protect you even against him!" This is the first time I've seen YiLan so angry.

"Cui'er is my betrothed. Once we arrive back Tuyuhun, she and I shall undergo my people's customs of marriage."

"She will never be married to a barbarian like you!" YiLan charges on with his sword, swinging down on YuZhong.

"Zhang YiLan! Stop it! I will not go back! I was willing with this marriage!" He freezes for a second.

"Cui'er! Do not lie to me!" He continues attacking YuZhong.

"I'm not lying!"

"You heard her! Go back and this will have never happened." The guards start pouring in towards the carriage.    

"Your men have been dealt with. Now, what is your choice?" YuZhong points his sword at YiLan, directly at his face. YiLan grinds his teeth, the hatred in his eyes is so piercing. He turns to me.

"Cui'er, you are mine." He states firmly and rides off. YuZhong comes closer to the small window.

"Cui'er, are you alright?"

"En, I'm fine. No wounds, but I think Xiao Lan is still frightened. We just need some time to calm down." I reply back to him.

"Then you do that." He nods and rides back to his original position in the escort.

"Xiao Lan, everything is fine now." I hug her and she sobs on my shoulder.

"Princess, I have to protect you when it comes down to it, but my legs felt so weak. I'm sorry that I failed you." She cries.

"Shhh. How could you not be scared? It's the first time you encountered a situation like this. It's fine. I'm still safe and sound. Nothing happened to me." I try consoling her.

"But but..." She stutters.

"Don't worry. It's fine." She calms down after some comforting.

The rest of the journey went by swiftly and so did the marriage ceremony and thus, it has been 3 months since I've arrived in Tuyuhun and a total of 1 year and 4 months since I came to the past.

"Sister-in-law!" A loud voice calls. Who is it? I don't know many people besides the servants here.

"Sister-in... XiuCiu!" Hearing my name for the first time in so long, my eyes widen in shock.

"Who are you?" I eye her suspiciously, she is dressed in male attire but she is evidently female. Walking up to me, she assaults me with a sudden hug.

"XiuCiu, it's you, right? I missed you." I'm still confused. Seeing that I am, she smiles. "It's me, JiaLi." The name being said surprises me.

"JiaLi! How are you here? You look nothing like the JiaLi I know."

"Hey!"

"Sorry, but if you didn't say that you're JiaLi, I wouldn't have guessed it was you." I smile at out reunion.

"While you, you look the same. Why is that?" She pokes my forehead playfully.

"I don't know. It just happened."

"Xiao Cui." Behind Jiali was 5 Ge (YiYu).

"5 Ge, what are you doing here?" I am shocked at this. Wait a second. Why should I be shocked at him being here? I should be more shocked about JiaLi.

"That's what I want to ask you. What happened? How did you end up like this?"

"I'm not sure. When I woke up, it was already like this." I try my best to explain.

"That's the same with me but right after I woke up, a flood of memories kept pouring in. It was this body's original inhabitant's." JiaLi updates me on the situation.

"So you've been like this for 3 months? And you have the original Murong LiLi's memories?" She nods to confirm.

"I've been here much longer yet I have none of Li Cui'er memories." I'm still confused. "5 Ge, have you been with JiaLi the entire time?"

"It's my assignment so I have to stick close. Besides, no one will notice me." That's right, afterall it's the effect of the time-traveling in our family. The observers but never the observed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's gonna happen?..........That's for me to know and you to find out! Teehee. ~(0v0)~