Chapter 11

"You evil woman! How dare you hurt this Prince's person!" Thunder claps loudly above while the violent rain pours down onto the exposed people on the ground. He points his sword at me.

"I didn't! I said that I didn't! But you do not believe me." I shout and cry but what use is there?

"I don't want to hear your lies anymore!" He brings down his sword at me.

"My lord, Mistress is your wife. She would never do that!" Xiao Lan jumps in between and takes the blow instead of me.

"Xiao Lan!" My tears fall, my hand trembles. My chest, it hurts. Ah. Is it the pain of heartbreak? Have I finally lost hope?

"WangYe! The enemies are attacking!" A soldier running yells the news.

"Count yourself lucky! Lock her up!" The servants look so cold and distant compared to before.

Locked in a room alone, why did this happen? You forgot me. Why? How could you do that?

"You were the one who promised me!" I sob in the dark, the thunder outside covering the sound of my crying. You changed since that day you came home with her. She saved you when you were injured out hunting, but who knew that you would forget me. My place in your heart was suddenly replaced by her. "How are you so blind?" She would put some kind of concoction into your tea everyday, and you suffered from headaches ever since she came. "She's here to harm you, yet why don't you understand? Now you've killed Xiao Lan, I can't do this anymore. I was the fool for trusting you." You don't believe me anymore.

"Hurry! Run!" The shouts outside rouse me from sleep. What's going on? I try to open the doors, the locks were never locked. Opening the doors, I run out to see the fuss. The buildings are burning!

"Murong YuZhong!" Hearing his name being shouted so loudly and with such venom, I rush over to see.

"Today will be the day you die!" YiLan stands there in the middle of the flames with YuZhong facing him.

"Zhang YiLan! You attack my people and burn our homes! Why!? What is your aim?!" YuZhong demands. Both of them stood with cuts all over.

"You stole Cui'er from me. She was supposed to be mine. Mine! Small and delicate, I would have protected her from all harm. Kept her locked at home so that she could be safe. Yet you have to come and take her! You could have chosen all the other princesses yet you just have to ask for her!" The obsession in YiLan's eyes is fierce. It is consuming him almost entirely. It's quite unnatural, yet it's familiar.

They continue their fight while I hide on the side, not being able to step in. Then a figure of a woman runs up to YuZhong, and stabs him in the back with a dagger.

"You!...Why?" YuZhong's eyes widen. It's her!

"Ha ha ha ha! Zhang YiLan, thanks to you I could avenge my family! Murong YuZhong! Your people killed my parents! I could never love someone like you! Ha ha ha ha!" Her hysterical laughter is maddening. YuZhong screams and in one fell swoop, ends her there and then he falls to his knee from the wound. Taking the chance, YiLan tries to kill him. Without thinking, I come between them. Then, YuZhong decides to strike back. It turns out I'm not needed after all.

The sword pierces through my body. It was too sudden. The deep, red blood slides down to the tip of the blade and drips. I smile and then laugh. He stares at me and pulls out the sword and trembles. Falling down, I'm unable to stand from the pain. His eyes no longer hold hatred towards the me but instead there is horror at what he has done. Dropping his blade, YuZhong hold me. He remembers.

"Cui'er!" YuZhong calls me with great suffering. I chuckle quietly at the absurdity of everything.

"I'm tired. I'm tired of this, of everything, and what I am most tired of is being forgotten by you. If there is a next time, I will be the one who forgets." I close my eyes and give into the pain.

"I was wrong! I was wrong! I'm sorry! Open your eyes! Cui'er, please wake up!" And then my consciousness fades, only to wake up in the hospital.

The doors of the library open and in walks 5 Ge and YuZhong. My face is stained with tears.

"Xiao Cui!/ Cui'er!" 5 Ge and YuZhong shout at the same time.

"YuZhong! I never wanted to remember! Don't come any closer! It hurts me just to see you!" I scream frantically. His eyes. For some reason his eyes show such sorrow. No! I won't believe it!

"Xiao Cui, calm down!" 5 Ge tries to help, but what use is there?

"No! I don't want to hear it!" The rush of emotions swirl around, consuming me.

Without any warning, YuZhong stands right in front of me. With a quick movement of his hand, everything goes black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unexpected time skip? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sudden heartbreak? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What exactly is going on?!

HAHAHAHAHA ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )