2

A picture of Mason!

Leah Beau

I hear the alarm on my phone ringing loudly and I groan. My head is spinning and aching and it can't handle the sound of the alarm.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up!" I yell and throw the phone against the wall out of frustration but it wasn't enough to make it stop ringing and I had to step out of my bed. The moment my feet touched the floor and I stood, my whole head was spinning and I swayed on my feet as I walked over to my phone picking it up and turning off the alarm. The sudden silence did nothing to calm my nerves or make the nauseous feeling go away.

I felt my insides coming up as I rushed to the bathroom to empty my stomach. I really am a mess. I can't remember the last time I drank so much. Memories of me drinking rush to my mind and I internally groan at the frustration picking at me.

I grip the counter of my sink hard staring at the mirror. The girl that stared back at me had straight, almost wavy light brown hair that cascaded down her shoulder and ended slightly above her elbow. She had dull brown eyes and a sharp Jaw. They say I'm pretty and I do know that I was in no way ugly but calling myself pretty made me feel as if I was self-centered. Of course this isn't the case for some people. Some people –such as the legendary asshole named Mason Davis– think of themselves as perfection, with beautiful everything. I laugh rolling my eyes.

"Asshole." I curse.

I blink my eyes a few times to get out of my daze and turn on the faucet to wash my face several times. After I was done in the bathroom I walk to the kitchen and make myself coffee. I was going to need a lot of it today to keep myself going.

I open one of my cupboards and pull out a bottle of aspirin popping two of them in my mouth to get rid of my headache.

I make myself breakfast and start eating as I browse my phone for the information regarding Case 92. The news has been revealed to the public and it is on the headlines everywhere.

I open the documents NUPA has downloaded on my phone and scroll through them.

Time of death. 12:23 AM. Victim was first drugged by an unknown substance and then shot in the head. His wife who woke up from the sound of the gunshot was also shot in the head. No fingerprints have been found at the moment. The weapon has also not been found. The killer has not left behind a single track of his movements. Possible suspects are listed below.

The document then proceeds to name ganglords and political rivals. Among the names a few stand out to me and I make a mental note to go through their information later on.

The best way for me to solve this case will be by being at the crime scene myself. Look around the house myself and study it.

I finish my breakfast and leave my plate in the dishwasher as I head for my bedroom pulling out clothes from my closet that I might need including tight and revealing dresses. You never know when you might need it to seduce people.

I drag out my suitcase from under my bed and throw it on the bed putting all of my clothes inside it along with all the other things that I might need. By the time I'm done it's 11:30 and I quickly shower and throw on a pair of trousers and a hoodie pairing it with some sneakers. It's going to be a long day and I rather spend this day wearing something comfortable.

With one last sigh I step out of my apartment with my suitcase locking the door behind and changing its code so that no one can attempt to barge in there. Not that they could with the old code but it was better to stay safe this way.