21

Leah Beau

It was difficult for me to gather my things at 7 am in the morning and prepare myself to leave. The feel of Masons lips on mine still lingered forcing my thoughts to drive back to him after every second, my attempts of trying to forget about him proving to be a failure. Damn him and his fierce and unforgettable kiss. My heart aches at the thought of last night. I still wish things didn't have to be like this. That I wasn't so damn attached to my home and that I could make it work with Mason. My unexpected love interest.

Never once did I think that things were going to end up like this. In this manner. Not at all even once. But they did and there was absolutely nothing that I could do. 7 in the morning and my head was already aching at the thought of having to stay awake for the next few hours. All I wanted to do right now was sleep.

After I am done packing the little stuff that needed to be packed, I plop down on my bed and wait in silence. I wait to hear his door open and close. Wait for him to leave before I do so rjag maybe I can feel less guilty about myself.

Like that was going to help.

A sigh escapes my mouth and I stifle a groan of frustration. What really is my life right now? What was to become of me?

My mind wanders back to Mason and I think whether he's waiting for me to leave first. Maybe he is.

Maybe the least I could for him now is leave first. I think. Yes maybe that would be a favor I do to him. I've already broken him. Hurt him. I really don't deserve rights. My eyes dart towards the closed door and I shake my head rising from the bed. I grab my bag and suitcase and open the door only for Mason's to open his at the same time. He stares at me with hard cold eyes. The same eyes that looked at me about 2 to 3 weeks ago. The eyes were devoid of any emotion and thats when I knew that there was no going back. There was no fixing what I had done to him and that the damage I had done was permenant. He probably hated me right now and didn't want to look at me.

He didn't spare me another glance as he closed the door behind him, a bit hard as if he wanted to make sure I heard everything he felt in that little bang of the door. With his backpack slung over his shoulder and his suitcase in his hand, he walked ahead of me without a single letter uttured. I deserved this and far worse. I thought.

I remained glued to my spot for a few good seconds before finally snapping back to my senses and shaking my head. I cleared my throat closing my door behind me as and slowly walked the path he walked mere seconds ago. By the time I got to front of the house, he was gone, as if he vanished into thin air. It was difficult to resist the urge to pull on my hair at that moment but I did and walked over to the car that was waiting for me ahead to drop me off to the airport.

I look around myself and check my watch. It is half past 8 and dread settles in my bones as I walk over to the car and make myself comfortable inside- or at least tried to. This feeling of guilt was not going to go away any time soon.

It's silent the whole way to the airport. Jazz plays inside the car and I'm thankful for it as it calms my nerves.

What must he be thinking right now at the moment? What must he be thinking about me right now? My guess is he hates me, I hurt him, I added another scar on his heart. Will he ever forgive me after all this has passed? Will he even remember me or even care about me at all? He might even just settle down with a girl better than me without sparing a thought of me.

The thought sends a stinging pain in my heart that I have to clutch it. I don't realize when exactly we reach the airport until the driver has to call it out to me that I regain my focus on reality. I grab the plane ticket from his hands and bid my thanks and farewell before stepping out of the car and walking inside.