13

Leah Beau

Mason is gone to get us all something to eat and medics supplies for Josh. I'm alone here with Josh kepping an eye on him. He sitting silently on the chair looking at ground.

"You asked me not to kill you." I start and he looks up at me now.

"I don't think you're under NUPA's creepy controlling program. Yet you still followed its orders." I say narrowing my eyes at him and he let's out a little laugh and then coughs because of the movement.

"I was on a mission. Same as you are right now. My partner then just suddenly becomes... Robotic. She doesn't talk, just leaves the hotel. I knew right then and there that something was off. The place where she went, everyone was acting like her there and so I had to act like her to fit in. To figure everything out." My remains emotionless as I let him speak about how he got where he is right now taking notes of everything to see if anything with his story seems a bit off.

"I had to keep acting there, they think they have me under their control. When I found out that they were trying to kill all the other agents, I knew I had to keep up with the act or I'll die and doing that I ended up here." He says. I say nothing to him and I remain quiet looking away as I let my thoughts wander in its own little bubble.

My thoughts go back to Mason, the things he said last night. In a way, it could mean that he wanted me but his way of using his words tell me otherwise. Damn these confusing men.

Maybe he does want me but the way he wants me is not the way I want him to want me. He wants me as a possession, for me to fuck with only him without having anything else between us. It doesn't seem right to just fuck around with someone and not actually have a chance to get serious with anyone else. I'm not getting any younger here. Men don't like old women. Most men.

A part of me wishes that he would want something more serious with me but that seems impossible considering how we have been at eachother ever since the start of the mission.

Why do I want something more with someone like Mason? Yes, he is great at sex but that is not what a relationship is all about. After brainstorming for I don't know how long I sigh audibly.

I have come to a conclusion that Mason and I are nothing more than sex and I can think however much I want over last night and that will change nothing. I am not only his to fuck and I'll fuck whoever I want whenever I want. We have a no strings attached rule and that says very well that there's no such thing as commitment between the two of us.

"Leah." Josh's voices breaks my chain of thoughts and my head turns to look at him. "Do you remember me?" He asks all of a sudden and I stay frozen in my spot looking at him with confusion sprayed over my features. He takes a quick glance in my direction to judge my expression and then nods.

"You don't."

Remember him? Yesterday was the first time I saw him in my entire life.

"I remember you."

"How?" I ask curiosity picking at me.

"I remember your house in Chicago." My heart starts beating faster at the mention of my house in Chicago. The one in which I used to live with my parents.

"I remember the screams and the yelling and the noise. I hated it." He mutters looking away towards the ground and I do the same my hands now slightly shaking.

"I saw your sister leave once. I didn't stop her and then a few days later, I got the news. I wish I stopped her, I should've stopped her." I can feel tears burning in my eyes as I try to hold them back. They can't come out. They have to go away. I can feel everything close in on around me and suddenly everything is much closer than it was before and my breath hitches in my throat.