14

Long chapter ahead!

Leah Beau

Silence. There is silence in the car as Mason drives and I know that the silence is making Mason uncomfortable and soon he is going to try and break it. Whereas I am savoring the silence in the car because I am in no mood of talking to Mason or in hearing his voice at all.

Mason sighs loudly and I glance at him from the corner of my eye to see him fidgeting with the hem of his shirt as he looks on ahead at the road, taking us absolutely no where. We are simply driving around until we are sure that there is no one following us.

He sighs loudly again and now I remember how pissed he must have been when I was trying to piss him off. Out of the blue he puts his hand on my knee and I glare at him slapping his hand away.

"Don't touch me." I snap at him and he ignores me as he puts his hand on my thigh again.

"Did you not hear me?" I slap his hand away again but that bitches comes flying back and he grips my thigh, digging his nails in and I grit my teeth in anger. I would lash out but I don't want the car to crash.

"Mason! Don't touch me! Can't you hear me?" I yell at him, daggers shooting out of my eyes as I glare at him and he sighs as he turns his head towards me for a second and then looks back on the road.

"I heard you alright, I just care about what you're saying." He replies to me and my mouth falls open as I stare at him in disbelief. I can't even stand being in the same car as him right now. I throw my laptop in the backseat, gently because I don't want to damage it too much. It already fell because of Mason once and this stuff doesn't come for free.

"You're such a dick." I say exasperated.

"Mm-hmm." He replies and I'm fighting the urge to pull out my gun and shoot him in the head. His hand massages my thigh and I'm trying to control my temper from flaring. His hand moves slowly in a soothing manner but nothing about his touch is soothing me, instead it's just making me even more angry than before.

"Where should we go now?" He asks me and I turn my head to look out of the window not bothering to answer his question and I feel his grip on my thigh tighten. That's right, get angry. I don't care.

"I asked something." He speaks in a low husky tone which would've made me jello if I wasn't so angry right now. I think I'll be angry like this for as long as I live because I can't seem to get a break from the man that is sitting beside me.

"I don't care." I say making a face and I hear him take a sharp intake of breath as he composes himself.

"What's your problem with me?" He asks me and I pivot to look at him. He keeps his eyes on the road as I give him my deadliest glare.

"What's my problem with you?" I begin.

"My problem with you, Mason, is that you're a fucking asshole. You're annoying. You try to control me all the time, you insult me all the time, you think you fucking own me when you don't! You don't own me, I am not yours. You can't touch me whenever you want. You can't order me around all the time. I am not some object that you can fuck whenever you want." I yell, my voice getting higher with every word until Mason flinched and then his features turn as hard as stone. His Jaw is hardened and the knuckles on the wheel are white.

"And you know what? You're fucking confusing me all the time. First you're rude and you're annoying and you do everything possible that makes me hate you even more and then you suddenly tell me about your sister and start getting all deep one night and then the next day, you're back to the same old annoying Mason again. After that you try to convince me that we're close and that I can't be with anyone else but we're nothing more but only 'fuck buddies'. You hate me and told me to never show my face to you again and now you're not letting me go when I want to leave and saying that you want me to stay alive. You keep making me think that you want me but then you go on and act like a fucking cunt." I keep yelling until everything is off my chest and then I calm doe settling comfortably in my seat and looking out the window waiting for Mason to say something, to reply with anything just so I can know what he's thinking at this moment.