1. Returning Home

1027 Words excluding (A/N)~ Another Magic Kaito story~ Yay~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ I really wish I did..

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

NEXT UPDATE: July 4 2019

It was a cloudy night, the cool autumn breeze gently blew against the white clad magician, his cape swaying as his indigo eyes took in his latest heist's target. It was a tear shaped sapphire called The Mermaid's Heart. The gem itself was the size of a quarter and was embedded into an elegant silver linked necklace, a far cry from the usual gaudy jewels the thief often stole. He was thankful that despite the sea themed name of the jewel, there were none of his aquatic nemesis within the heist's vicinity, or at least ones that he knew of. If there'd been any, he didn't want to know.

Kaito let out a soft sigh as his gaze turned towards the sky, he'd hoped that the clouds would have unveiled the moon by the end of the heist. With an annoyed click of his tongue, Kaitou Kid vanished and Kuroba Kaito was left in place of the thief. He'd have to check the gem for Pandora another night.

'I hope Aoko isn't too mad about what I did to Nakamori-Keibu...'

The magician had finally caved into revealing his identity as Kaitou Kid to her several months back, it had gone much better than he had expected. She was upset with how he'd continuously lied to her, however she'd also understood why Kaito had done so. They'd tried dating once all of the secrets were revealed, but they swiftly realized that they were better off as friends. Dating one's alleged sibling in all but blood just felt weird.

'I've technically done worse... At least Nakamori-Keibu still has his original clothes...'

With a smirk lingering on his face the brunette made his way back home, hopefully he made it back without running into freak incidents that usually happened when one spent too much time around detectives.

*

"That really wasn't necessary..." The magician looked over with a grin from his place halfway through his bedroom window. Aoko stood up from where she'd been sitting on his bed, her arms crossed over her chest with a half smile, half scowl on her face.

"It really was!" The magician chirped cheekily, bounding over to his friend and enveloping her into a quick hug as he lifted Aoko up off of her feet and spun her once before setting her down. "Your father always has the best reactions" Kaito added once he set her down.

Aoko huffed, a smile threatening to show on her face as she remembered what she had seen on TV. "Okay... Aoko admits that it was a little funny to see dad painted neon pink and covered in feathers..."

'Now that Aoko knows that Kid isn't doing heists just to make fun of dad, it's more bearable... Its just Bakaito being his normal teasing self'

The magician rolled his eyes at Aoko's denial. "A little funny?" He scoffed, his tone teasing as he flicked her forehead. "More like hilarious! The colour pink seems to set him off way more than the other colours I've tried!"

"That's because pink is generally thought of as a girly colour, of course it'll make him angry whenever you use it! He thinks you're mocking him by using it" Aoko chastised with a shake of her head. Sometimes she couldn't believe that Kaito was the alleged Gentleman Thief, he was anything but a gentleman.

'If only Dad didn't get so twitchy whenever there's too long of a gap between heists... I worry for him, what will he do then Kaito finally finds that stupid gem, destroys it, and then takes down the people shooting at him'

"True men can pull off wearing pink perfectly!" Aoko rolled her eyes at the magician's exclamation.

"I should go back home before dad returns now that you're back" Aoko almost always waited for him to come back safely, making sure he wasn't hurt was the least she could do for Kaito. "I also need to be well rested for my date with Saguru tomorrow" She giggled at how the magician's face scrunched up in disgust.

"Ick! I still think you could do better than that Hakubastard" The magician couldn't help but grimace in disgust, he didn't really approve in her dating Saguru, however he also knew that the blond would at least respect her. There were much worse people she could date than a snobbish detective.

Aoko gave a small smile and shook her head. "Bakaito, Saguru is a lot better than he used to be" The girl replied, Kaito made a face. While it was true that the blond was trusted enough to be told the reasons behind Kaito being Kid, the guy still rubbed the magician the wrong way.

"I still don't like him" Kaito huffed, crossing his arms childishly.

'Bakaito is so petty...'

"And you know that if you scare him away, Aoko will have fish for dinner every night." Blue eyes gleamed mischievously at Kaito's poorly disguised shiver, it was an odd fear to have in her opinion. It was also a good way to make sure the trickster behaved.

'Kaito has been a little easier to deal with ever since Chikage-san told me his fear of fish... Aoko can't believe she's never noticed before'

"That's not fair Ahoko! You know I can't deal with those..." The magician trailed off, a glint of fear present within indigos as he continued. "Those... Finny things..." The way he spat out the last part with pure venom laced disgust made Aoko giggle in amusement.

'Then all you have to do is tolerate Saguru, it's not like Aoko is asking for you two to become best friends or anything" At Kaito's unimpressed look, she sighed. "Tolerate him, or you'll be eating fish for the next week" Indigos widened in horror and the magician was quick to give an agreeing nod.

"Okay, okay! I won't scare the bastard away. Why don't you head home now before Nakamori-Keibu returns!" Aoko smirked at how Kaito swiftly ushered her out of his room.

'Looks like Aoko's date with Saguru will go well tomorrow'

With a happy hum, she headed out the door and walked over to her own house, being neighbours was very convenient.

Me: That's the end of the chappy~ I really hope you enjoyed~ It was interesting to write the interactions between Kaito and Aoko~