3. Attempted Murder?

1005 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito sadly... Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

NEXT UPDATE: July 18 2019

"There's a bright light coming from Kaito's window..." The blond narrowed his eyes as he looked up towards the magician's window, there was indeed an overly bright blue light. Saguru frowned, from his memory of the tale, the magician was looking for a gem that glowed red in the moonlight, not blue.

'An unknown magical gem?'

Unease gnawed at the blond as he motioned for his girlfriend to follow him as he ran towards Kaito's house, Aoko silently agreed. They both knew that magic existed, having seen Akako attack Kaito with magic on multiple occasions. Magic could be unpredictable and scary.

'That idiot better be okay, especially after threatening me should I ever make Aoko-Chan cry'

Both teens bolted through the door, neglecting to remove their shoes in their haste. When both teen's ran into the magician's room, they both froze in shock at the sight. Kaito was laying on his back, eyes closed as he clawed at his own neck, his mouth opening and closing as if he was trying, but failing to breathe. The blond almost choked on his own spit when he noticed the indigo fish tail that seemed to have replaced Kaito's legs. Golden eyes widened in understanding when he noticed the newly made slits on the magician's neck.

'Kuroba's suffocating!'

"Aoko-Chan, fill up the tub" The detective frantically ordered, blue eyes flashed in confusion as she nodded and bolted towards the bathroom. Kaito's struggles to breathe seemed to be weakening as Saguru swiftly scooped him up into his arms before staggering towards the bathroom.

'Damn, the tail makes him more heavy than I'd expected him to be'

Aoko glanced up worriedly from the tub as the blond entered the bathroom, dumping the magician roughly into the water, thankfully the tub was one of those ridiculously large luxury ones. He may have been more rough than necessary, however he had to get the magician back using any chance given to him. "Kuroba was suffocating" Saguru replied at his girlfriend's shocked face.

'This is going to be interesting...'

"But how? Was he choking?" Concerned blue eyes glanced towards the motionless magician under the water.

'Did I just become an accomplice in murder?... I know they dislike each other... But still...'

Saguru blinked, realising what it must look like to her. "Kuroba should wake up any moment now, he has gills to go with his tail" Aoko let out a relieved breath, she didn't accidentally help her boyfriend murder her best friend.

*

"Aoko thinks Bakaito's tail is pretty" She giggled, her fear now gone. Saguru glanced at the tail and nodded in agreement.

"indeed the shade of indigo matches his eyes perfectly" A wry smile played on his lips. "Somehow, I don't think Kuroba will share our sentiments when he awakens"

'It is indeed ironic that the one who has a phobia of fish, is also the one that manages to become half fish'

"Oh!" Aoko clasped her hands over her mouth in a fit of giggles as she remembered the magician's weakness. "Kaito is going to flip out!" She laughed.

"Though Kuroba's new state of existence may be amusing..." Saguru paused, to make sure Aoko was listening. "He Can't go on like this, he's unable to breathe air and he can't live in a bathtub for the rest of his life..." The detective stated, not bothering to mention the potential danger there would be if someone took interest in the magician.

'He could be potentially dissected at the worst, or kept as an exotic pet for someone's aquatic collection'

The magician wouldn't be able to escape if he couldn't even breathe air.

Aoko pursed her lip in thought, her eyes lighting up after a few moments. "Akako-Chan can help! She's a master at magic, Aoko will go call her now!" Aoko exclaimed, quickly running towards the living room to sit on the couch. Saguru glanced towards the unconscious magician with a sigh.

'Kuroba is seriously lucky we were around to save him'

A chill ran down his spine as how close Kaito had been to dying finally hit him, he didn't like the magician, however he did respect him as a worthy rival. A small splashing sound snapped the blond out of his thoughts, Kaito had awakened and had sat up with his head above the water. The brunette opened his mouth to take a breath, only for the same searing pain as before to assault his lungs. Shocked indigos widened in fear as he continued to gasp. "IDIOT!" Saguru swiftly dunked the magician's head into the water, restraining the squirming magician.

'Has Kuroba not noticed his situation?'

*

'He's trying to kill me!'

Kaito held his breath under the water as he continued to fight back against the apparently homicidal detective. For some reason he still couldn't feel his legs so he fought with his arms, unfortunately the teen could only hold his breath for so long, and the older teen had the advantage in both strength and higher ground. Kaito stopped struggling, closing his eyes in defeat as he felt his lungs give in.

'I guess this is it...'

He opened his mouth as he waited for the pain, when none came he opened his eyes in wonder. After a few more moments he felt the hands restraining him slowly pull away, he cautiously looked up at Saguru, the concern on the other's face was confusing him.

'That isn't the look of someone trying to kill...'

"Kuroba it would be wise of you to remain underwater, you are unable to breathe in air" At the magician's confused look, the blond continued. "The Mermaid's Heart turned out to be a magical gem, not Pandora, but a magical gem none the less..." Saguru trailed off, his gaze turning towards the sleek indigo tail. Kaito followed his gaze and immediately froze, mouth gaping. Kaito's shrill screech startled the detective, he'd heard the magician shriek in the face of fish before. Kaito's screech sounded nothing like it, the teen sounded almost inhuman as his panicked screeching continued as he flailed about in a panic.   

Me: Thats zee end of the chapter~ poor Kaito... Anyways this chappy was really fun to write~ I liked making Kaito think Hakuba was trying to kill him~