5. Epilogue 1

1039 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ I really hope you enjoy~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

'The little peoples are here!'

Kaito let out a long string of ecstatic clicks as he swam up towards the water's surface and did a small flip in the air before smoothly diving back underwater. He loved his home, it was so huge, sometimes he even got lost in it until he spotted one of the people through the clear wall and followed them along it until he was in at his main area. Unlike the rest of his home which was always changing and exciting, that one area was always the same, it kind of actually helped him to not get lost as often. 

Kaito blew bubbles and swam in loops, grinning as the little peoples made happy noises as they clapped their hands. The little peoples were his favourite, they never randomly got sad unlike the blond, brown, and red peoples. Instead, the little peoples were always smiling and laughing when they came to play. The smallest of the little peoples was a blond peoples while the biggest of the little peoples was brown, thus they were little blond and little brown.

'Gimmie pets!'

With a soft trill, Kaito swam over towards the petting area, flicking his tail to motion the little peoples to follow. The petting area allowed the little peoples to climb up and stick their hands in the water to scratch his head. Kaito adored the contact, continuous happy trills escaped fro him as their gentle hands ran through his hair.

He wished more than anything that the little peoples could hop into his home and swim around with him. It wasn't allowed, the one and only time he'd pulled the little brown peoples in the water had caused the big brown peoples to shriek and the big blond peoples to swiftly hop in. It had been scary, the little brown peoples had writhed in pain under the water. Kaito had immediately given the little brown peoples to the blond peoples, hoping that the blond could make the little peoples feel better. Kaito had watched horrified, letting out fearful trills as he watched water come out of the little peoples mouth.

He'd hidden in a little rock hole for days from guilt, not even coming out for the tasty food when called. Eventually he'd become too weak from hunger, so he just laid curled up on the sandy bottom of the hole. He vaguely remembered seeing the blond peoples with a weird mask over his face hovering outside his hiding place, and feeling himself being pulled out before waking up all healthy in a smaller empty tank. The big peoples and little peoples all smiled at him and made relieved noises.

*

"Kaito's so happy whenever Tsuki-Chan and Katsumi-Kun play with him..." Aoko whispered softly as she leaned against her husband. She could already feel the tears threatening to fall as she watched her former best friend begin a series of multiple tricks for their kids.

'I know that Bakaito is in there, he's always had a soft spot for children and loved making people smile'

"Of course, Kaito will always be a performer at heart" A wistful look crossed Saguru's face as Kaito gave the children one of his signature grins. "Even if he doesn't remember, his personality is the same, just with a significantly lower intelligence..." He breathed, running the fingers of his free hand through her hair.

'It hurts seeing him like this... He was supposed to be the best magician in the world...'

"Saguru... I don't know what we're going to do..." Her voice trembled "Kaito isn't ageing... What if bad people find out about him after we're not around anymore to protect him?" The blond sucked in a breath, closing his eyes. They couldn't guarantee that all of their descendants would protect Kaito.

"Akako once told me that once the both of us pass, she'll remove The Mermaid's Heart from Kaito as painlessly as possible. By then, he should have hopefully lived a long and happy life" Aoko nodded in understanding, the former magician seemed quite content with his life as it was, but she feared what would happen to him once they were gone.

'At least Kaito will happily live a normal lifespan before passing... The old Bakaito would have never wanted to live forever'

"That's very nice of her, I wish Akako-Chan visited more..." Aoko sighed, she didn't blame the red witch for rarely visiting, seeing Kaito was often painful. A sudden splash followed by two screams caused the couple to turn their attention towards them.

The sight of Kaito outside of his tank, attempting to drag himself across the floor towards them made them spring into action.

*

'Need to make big peoples happy!'

Kaito strained to hold his breath as he attempted to reach the big peoples, he'd noticed their sadness, but they were to far away to see his tricks. The little peoples were trying to drag him back into his home, but he was too heavy for them.

"Oh! Big peoples are coming!"

Despite the burning in his chest, he gave a happy trill as he felt two sets of arms wrap around him, he gave them a soft smile, nuzzling his head against the big blond peoples while reaching his hand out towards the big brown peoples. Kaito loved any sort of contact.

'Don't understand...'

The worried noises were confusing him, he'd been trying to bring them over to make them happy. His head was feeling dizzy, but before he could succumb to the pain in his chest, he found himself surrounded by water. With a joyful trill, he swam around in circles, flashing the peoples the biggest grin he could muster, the bigger peoples always seemed to feel a little better whenever he expressed his happiness.

'I happy! You be happy too!'

Kaito splashed some water at the big blond peoples, giving him a mischievous grin before swiftly bolting through a tunnel, quickly returning with a pretty shell, it matched him so it had to be pretty. With a cheeky grin, he popped his upper body above the water, offering the pretty shell to the big brown peoples.

'Why gift make sad?'

He tilted his head, releasing a few confused clicks as the big brown people's shoulders began to shake, water falling down her face.

'No! No! Happy! Not sad...'

Me: Writing this actually made me sad... I've never felt sad while writing before... But, at least I didn't kill Kaito~ Right?...

I hope you enjoyed the story~ I'm a huge fan of supernatural/yokai stuff so this story as a whole was fun to write~