6. Visit from a Witch

1036 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito and I hope you enjoy~

Written July 26 2019

NEXT UPDATE August 8 2019

Akako closed her eyes as she leaned her forehead against the tank, the cool glass was somewhat soothing. Aoko had died peacefully in her sleep three years ago at the ripe age of 82, and now Saguru had died in a bank robbery a few weeks ago. The blond had died protecting a little girl from the robber.

Akako's lips trembled as she looked up into curious indigos, Kaito was still as young looking as he was on that fateful day. Scarlet eyes focused on the tear shaped sapphire seamlessly embedded within the merman's chest. The very source of her pain.

'I know I promised to end this after their deaths...'

Kaito gave her a happy smile which she returned with a weak one of her own.

'I can't... kill him...'

Her fingers curled around the sapphire in her left hand, it looked exactly like the one embedded in Kaito, she'd made sure of that. It had taken decades for her to infuse the gem with magic akin to that within the Mermaid's Heart. The new gem was dubbed the Mermaid's Soul and theoretically was capable of doing almost everything the Mermaid's Heart could do. The only difference between the two gems was that the Mermaid's Soul allowed the user to retain their memories and human level intelligence. The red witch had contemplated how to swiftly switch the two gems to at least allow Kaito human intelligence, however all of her trial theories had resulted in his death.

Akako looked into concerned indigos one last time before turning away, determination burning brightly within her gaze.

'I know what I must do'

*

Shinichi looked around in confusion, he could almost swear that he was supposed to be dead, the gun had been at his head and he'd heard a click before everything had ended. There was absolutely nothing surrounding him except a vast whiteness.

'Did I survive and end up in some sort of coma dream?'

"Kudo-Kun" Azure eyes snapped into attention when a very beautiful red haired woman suddenly appeared within the vast whiteness.

"Who are you?" He inquired, not understanding why he'd dream up such a beautiful woman. He hadn't been interested in woman since Ran. He shook his head to clear his thoughts. The sleuth didn't want to think about how both Ran and their child had died during childbirth. He'd moved on from his love, but the memory still stung.

The red haired woman took a few steps closer, Shinichi noted her weary expression. "My name is Koizumi Akako, I'm a red witch that would like to ask for your help" She breathed, this was her last chance to save Kaito. Kudo Shinichi and Kaito were kindred spirits.

'Magic?... Well I've seen a lot of weird things in my life... I guess I could at least listen to her request'

"How could I help you?" The sleuth questioned, he was pretty sure that a witch would be more useful than a human.

Akako pursed her lips "Kaitou Kid" Shinichi immediately perked up at the mention of his old rival, one day the snarky magician had just disappeared. He'd thought he'd died long ago since Kid wouldn't have left willingly without some sort of goodbye. "Kaitou Kid lost his humanity years ago... and I've only recently created a magical gem that could possibly return his humanity at least in mind"

The brunette felt a cold numbness overtake him at the information, he couldn't believe it. "Impossible..." He breathed, Kid was someone strong willed and playful, completely untouchable:

'Though it would explain the lack of a goodbye...'

"It's true..." Akako breathed, meeting Shinichi's gaze "And this is where you come in..." She trailed off for a few moments before continuing. "You died, but I used my magic to save your soul and reset your body to when you were 17"

Azure eyes widened in shock as he quickly looked down at himself and realized that he truly was young again. "But why? Wouldn't Kid be old as well?"

Akako shook her head "No, he's stopped aging and has lost most of his human intelligence" A small smile appeared "But his heart, soul, and personality are the same" Both Aoko And Saguru had spoke of instances where Kaito had acted so much like himself yet so differently at the same time.

Shinichi pursed his lips, Kid had helped him out a lot in the past, without asking for much in return. He'd also been one of the few people he could match wits with and be himself around him while he'd still been Conan.

'I want to help him, it's not like I have anything better to do since I'm apparently dead...'

"Tell me what I need to do" Shinichi breathed, he didn't really have anything to lose.

A relieved smile appeared on her lips "His real name is Kuroba Kaito, but he only responds to Kaito now" She held out the gem "This is called the Mermaid's Soul, it will make you unable to speak nor understand humans and force you to live underwater as a merman" Shinichi felt a little uneasy but continued listening "Unlike the Mermaid's Heart within Kaito, you will retain your memories and human intelligence" She clipped two amethyst earrings onto him, one on each ear. "When you think he's ready, please use these to go to the sea. To activate the magic, just wish for the sea, one is for you to give to Kaito when he's ready" The earrings felt weird, but he was grateful that they were just small studs instead of being stuck with a dangly menace.

"Why me?" He inquired.

'There are so many other people in the world to choose from...'

"You're both kindred spirits" Akako replied "I waited until your actual death before contacting you since I'm sure Kaito would have thrown a fit if he found out I spirited you away from your life"

"I understand" He felt himself tremble slightly when Akako approached him with the gem.

"Please try to reawaken his humanity and good luck..." Akako breathed before everything went white. A pile of clothes was left where the red witch had last been, nothing but dust was within them.

Me: I have so many ideas for this~ and this is planned to have happy ending~

The people on FanFiction.Net will only get up into the first epilogue~ Wattpad receives favouritism from zee Berry since people more interactive here~