19. Happiness

1005Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

Written October 3 2019
Posted October 15 2019

Extra chappy since berry was excited~ Next update on Thursday, it won't be before then no matter what~

"You!" Shinichi flinched at the unexpected harsh tone, he turned around and was met with Kaito. A very angry looking Kaito. Indigos were glaring at the azure mer in rage "How could you do that to me?!" Kaito shrieked, clasping his arms protectively across his chest as he suppressed a full body shudder.

'He knew I had a phobia of those things... Yet he still...'

Shinichi gave Kaito an uneasy smile in response "I don't know what you're talking about" He replied, hoping that the other wouldn't see through the lie. His plan seemed to have failed.

Kaito scoffed, pointing an accusatory finger at the other "Nice try Meitantei" He let out an angry breath, Shinichi froze, eyes wide with shock. Kaito carried on, having looked away and hadn't noticed Shinichi's reaction "I'm not an idiot!" He huffed "There's no way that those..." He trailed off as a small shiver ran down his spine at the thought of those dreaded creatures "...Things" He spat out the word with distaste "Could come in here by themselves"

'How could Shin-chan have done something so awful to me?!'

After a few moments of silence, the indigo mer turned towards him with a raised brow "Well?" He stated before pausing. Why was Shinichi frozen like that? "Meitantei?" He breathed, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

*

'I haven't told him that name... He's also acting differently...'

Shinichi's eyes began to burn as a choked sob escaped from his lips, he tackled the magician "Kid?" He asked, his voice wobbly from his sobs as he latched onto the other. He hadn't told the new Kaito about Kaitou Kid.

'If he responds... My Kaito is back...'

Kaito frowned in confusion at Shinichi's actions "You're acting strange" He breathed before freezing as the memories of the last few days and the years before suddenly came back to him. He clutched onto the others as things suddenly began making sense. He'd been wondering why the hell both he and the meitantei were half monsters "Shit..." He breathed, his eyes starting to burn. His anger faded as he gently hugged the other "I'm sorry for forgetting you Shin-chan" He breathed, guilt slamming into him. He'd hurt everyone he cared about, Aoko, Saguru, and even Shinichi had been hurt. All because he had forgotten about them.

'Kaito!'

"I missed you so much!" Shinichi sobbed "You were there, but you also weren't" He replied softly. He'd been able to reign in his hurt at the start, but he'd quickly lost his nerve. Being around the new Kaito had begun to hurt because he was similar, but not the same person he'd grown close to and confided in.

*

The magician nodded, now truly understanding why Aoko and Saguru had always seemed sad whenever they'd visited or checked up on him "Well I'm here now" He replied softly before gritting his teeth. It was too late to fix things with Aoko and Saguru, He flashed Shinichi a reassuring smile. But it wasn't too late to fix things with Shinichi. They had all of eternity if what he remembered was correct "I won't forget you ever again" He vowed, not wanting to harm the other like that ever again. Once was enough.

'I guess I can forgive him for unleashing those creatures on me... Shin-chan must have been desperate if he did that. He's not the kind of person do exploit others fears like that'

Shinichi sniffled, elation filling him at Kaito's words "If you do, I'll kill you" He muttered darkly, he couldn't go through that again.

A cocky smirk tugged at Kaito's lips "Oh, so I affect the Meitantei in such a way that murder is viable?" His smirk morphed into his trademark Kid grin "I'm flattered" He teased.

"Yeah, you should be proud" Shinichi breathed "You stole my heart decades ago and still kept your hold on it" Kaito froze, his face flushing. The sleuth's eyes gleamed mischievously "Even after you tried to eat me and showed me your dick, I still love you despite your stupidity" He leaned in and gave Kaito a quick kiss on the lips. He'd waited and lost out on his chance before, he refused to let that happen again. Kaito was his.

'WHAT?!?!'

Kaito pulled away, burying his face in his hands in embarrassment. How could Shinichi make such a sweet yet insulting confession like that?! His face reddened further as he remembered all of the stupid things he's done throughout the years "God..." The magician breathed, mortified.

Azure softened "It's fine if you don't feel that way right now" He had plenty of time to win Kaito's heart "I just wanted you to know my intentions" His gaze dimmed slightly "I missed my chance last time so I'm telling you while I can" Shinichi finished. Kaito's heart almost broke at the other's pained tone. He really must have hurt Shinichi a lot, both when he disappeared, and when Shinichi found him.

'Even after all this time...'

His memories with Shinichi didn't seem that long ago to him, but he knew that wasn't the case of Shinichi. He swam a little closer to the older "If you'll really have me" He blushed, feeling shy for some reason "Then I'd like to be with you" He breathed, a little happy that the crush he'd had on Shinichi before he'd lost his memories was reciprocated "Just um..." His gaze darted to the ground "No sex" He'd make out with the guy, but it would just feel wrong to have sex with him with how they were. Not to mention he didn't even know how that would even work.

Shinichi snorted, having not expected that "I can agree with that" He grinned, hugging his magician. Glad to have his Kaito back "I guess we should inform Shiku that he can put us in the ocean now" He felt Kaito shiver within his hold and gave him a reassuring nuzzle "Don't worry, I'll protect you from all the scary finny things" He cooed.

'The ocean... The home of all evil...'

"Shin-chan..." Kaito let out a small wail, he didn't want to go to the ocean.

Me: This was really fun to write~ Hope you enjoyed~

Sun Haiku
Oh please have mercy!
Stop shining your evil light!
The sun, it burns me

Berry weakling who gets sunburnt on cloudy days XD

And couldn't think of something funny to say XP so haiku it is~