4. Mermaid's Heart

1014 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ And I hope you enjoy~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

NEXT UPDATE: July 25 2019

"Kuroba calm down!" The blond swiftly grabbed the flailing teen's shoulders, ignoring how he was becoming soaked. "You're not a fish, you're okay with sharks and eels right? This is the same as that"  Saguru soothed, wanting to calm the brunette before he passed out in fear, or worse, had a heart attack. He'd seen other people die due to a phobia on multiple occasions. The magician suddenly stilled, blinking up at the blond in comprehension.

'Kuroba managed to calm down quicker than I had expected him to'

Kaito opened his mouth to speak, only for a string of sharp clicking sounds to come out. Both teens froze in shock. A trilling whine escaped from Kaito, only serving to further upset the teen as he attempted to speak once more. he result was the same as before.

'Dear god... Kuroba can't even speak up for himself...'

The detective's mouth went dry at the implications, the magician was completely still, indigo eyes narrowed at the matching tail. "I'm sure Koizumi-Kun will be able to fix you" The blond stated softly, genuinely feeling sorry for the brunette. Weary indigos looked up at him, a small clicking sound was the only response. Saguru closed his eyes "I'm going to check on Aoko-Chan, she's currently calling Koizumi-kun as we speak. If you need anything just ca-" He paused, cutting himself off at the deadpan glare being levelled at him "I apologise, just make some noise if you need anything" The blond quickly finished before retreating downstairs.

*

'Wait!'

Kaito's dismayed chirp went unheard as the indigo eyed teen watched Saguru disappear. Kaito shivered, suddenly glancing around, a low trilling whine leaving his lips. He felt weird all alone, the magician looked at his tail, the indigo scales were mesmerising.

'I didn't think a fish tail could be so beautiful...'

He gasped, shaking his head to clear away the thought.

'Why would I even think that?!? It's disgusting!'

To stop himself from thinking about more horrifying thoughts, the brunette began to blow bubbles in the water since it was the only thing he could currently think of doing. After an unknown amount of time he stopped, letting out a trilling whine once more before tucking his tail around himself. Indigos closed as he let out a soft hum, it was comforting.

'I wonder when someone will come... I feel lonely...'

*

"Wait, you left Kuroba all alone?!" The genuine fear in the red witch's voice caused both Saguru and Aoko to take a step back. As soon as Akako had been alerted of the magician's condition, she'd rushed over as quickly as she could.

"Why are you making it sound like it was a bad thing? Kaito will just be bored without anything to mess with" Aoko asked, not understanding Akako's fear.

The red witch shook her head in dismay as she headed up the stairs, the other two swiftly following after her. "The change may have already begun if you've left him alone..."

'Please don't let his affliction be what I think it is...'

The three were greeted by a few happy clicks, a wide smile spreading across Kaito's face as indigos gleamed with excitement. The red witch closed her eyes. "It's too late..." Her voice was soft and filled with regret as she sat down beside the tub. The magician tilted his head curiously at her, letting out a few more clicks as he flicked some water at her.

"What do you mean by it's too late?" Saguru questioned as he observed Kaito, the teen seemed to be handling the situation well, almost too well.

"Aoko wants to know as well" Kaito's actions were concerning her, normally he would never greet Akako with such a happy smile, let alone dare to flick water at the red witch. Red eyes were glassy as Akako waved her hand, suddenly transporting Kaito's shirt onto the ground. Aoko gasped while Saguru sucked in a breath at the sight of the magician's chest. The mermaid's heart was embedded into the middle of Kaito's chest, the transition from flesh to gem was seamless.

"Kuroba- No Kaito is no longer human, and can never return to how he once was..." Akako paused as she dipped a hand into the water, the magician instantly nuzzled it with his cheek, clicking happily. At their horrified expressions she continued "Kaito can't understand us nor recognise us from before he was left alone, the one known as Kuroba Kaito is essentially dead... The absence of human company allows the Mermaid's Heart to assimilate into its target host" She pulled her hand out of the water, earning a few sad sounding clicks from the magician. "If he'd been around someone the whole time, I could have easily removed the gem. It would have shortened his lifespan by a few years, but he would have been himself..."

*

Aoko clasped her hands over her mouth in shock, tears streaming down her cheeks, Saguru held her in a comforting embrace."Is there no way to make Kaito Human?" Her voice trembling.

'I don't want Bakaito to forget me...'

"There is-" Seeing how the couple immediately perked up she frowned. "You could remove the gem, but Kaito would immediately die, it's called the Mermaid's Heart for a reason... From now on you should only address him as Kaito, being called by more than one name will most likely confuse him"

*

'Why they sad?'

Kaito let out a few loud clicks, gaining all three of the peoples attention, he cast them a toothy grin wanting to cheer them up. He liked peoples, it wasn't as lonely as before, the nuzzling from the red one had also been nice. Kaito wanted more nuzzles.

'Why even sadder?'

Kaito let out a distressed trill as he watched the brown one bury her face into the blond one's chest, her shoulders shaking. He didn't like the sounds coming from her as the blond one seemed to pet her.

'Pets good? I want pets!'

He blew a few bubbles in annoyance, the peoples were ignoring him, instead communicating with each other instead.

'They sad and ignoring me!'

Kaito continued to let out distressed trills, he wanted attention from the peoples, there was nothing else to do.

NOT ZEE LAST CHAPTER

Me: I'm so sorry... I first started this out with the intention of this being a fun and happy story...

But during chapter 3, Berry was struck with dark inspiration

!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT ZEE LAST CHAPTER