Chapter4: end of the year duet partners

After the teacher told us about the end of the year assignment I introduced myself to some the dance students in my class. As soon as I got to know the students in my class the teacher said that we had to pick our partners for the assignment. She told us that we'd be preforming three ballroom dances at the end of the year. "Okay everyone pick your partners." she said to the students. "Except you Lopez you're being partnered with Caria." she, told me. That shocked me, but I'm not surprised there's lots I can learn from her. Plus, I need to make up for what I did to her I was a real jerk to her.

I can't believe that the teacher would pair me up with my ex-boyfriend, but whatever. As soon as the teacher paired us up together he started to walk over to me. Like I had anything to say to him he's a stuck up celebrity and he's a cold-hearted two timing snake. After the teacher paired Caria & I up I walked over to her to talk with her. I hope that she can forgive what I did to her a few years back "What do you want?" I said to him sternly even though I didn't want to talk to him. "I just want to talk to you about a few things." I, told Caria. "There's nothing we need to talk to each other about." I sternly, whispered back to him. I can tell by the tone of her voice that she wasn't ready to forgive me. "Yes there is Caria there's a lot we need to talk about." I talked back to her quietly. "No there isn't, there's nothing you can say that can make me take my mind off of what I have with Elliot." she quietly, snapped back at me. She was right about thing, but wrong about the other I did have something to say to her I just hadn't gotten the courage to say it to her yet.

After me a Caria had our little disagreement, the teacher started talking to the class again. "Now class for your projects you will each be assigned three duets to perform at the end of the year showcase." she, said. Then she started assigning the dances to the students. She assigned the first pair of students the tango, jive and foxtrot. The next pair of students got assigned the quickstep, samba, and waltz as if I cared. The next pair 2nd to last before us got assigned the Viennese waltz, cha cha, and Paso doble. The last pair before us got assigned their dance which were the Charleston, salsa, and swing. Then the teacher assigned Caria & I our dances, the contemporary, rumba, and argentine tango. "Now class you must practice theses three dances with your partners, and have a routine choreographed by the time that the showcase rolls around okay? Now let's get to work on your dances alright class." the teacher, said after she assigned the dances.

I can't believe this is actually happening to me right now, first my ex-boyfriend comes back to Salinas, then he joins my ballroom dance class, & now I get three of my favorite dances and I have to do them with my ex. "That totally sucks babe, I'm so sorry for you." Elliot, said to me as we talked at my locker. "I know right it's like he doesn't respect me at all like doesn't he get that I moved on." I started to tell him, but the whole time, he kept looking at his phone and texting some girl he was obviously cheating on Caria with. That just pisses me off so much to think that a girl like her would be with an a-hole like that.

"Anyways oh yeah babe I got to go to uh play rehearsal." he, said to her. Yeah sure buddy "got to go to play rehearsal" yeah I know that trick very well. Mostly because I used it on Caria once, and I regret ever saying that to her it really hurts my heart to know that I cheated on her with another girl God I hate myself right now. I hate everything that I did to Caria with every fiber in my being, I hate my own guts for putting her in that position. I got a little concerned, but I didn't mind he always told me that every morning after dance. "Okay, good luck at rehearsal babe can't wait to see you nailing your role." I, said to him.

"What rehearse" he started to ask me then he remembered "Oh yeah don't you worry I'll be nailing that role no matter what happens babe, oh I better get going I'm going to be late I'll see you later babe." he, said. Then I saw them kissing I couldn't hide my resentment towards Elliot, but I also knew that I still felt like hiding my jealousy would be the best thing right now. But the one thing that I couldn't hide from Caria or myself was my undying love for Caria. Right after 3rd period I saw Caria's so-called S.O.B. boyfriend talking to another girl right before he went to lunch. I know it wasn't Caria because Caria was on lunch duty in the library then I saw the most hateful thing that was done by Elliot I saw him kiss that other girl. I honestly couldn't believe what had just happened and the worst part was that the girl he was kissing was one of Caria's best friends Morgan.