Chapter 9- Training Camp

Those last few days before the training camp felt like weeks. So much had happened in such a short time. She had lost all of her friends and then got all of her friends back in the span of two days, even Ren trusted her now, although she could tell he was still being careful.

Myra and Ryu had become rather good friends, and Ryu seemed to take a special liking to Silas for some reason. They hung out every day, brainstorming ways they could fix this mess and ultimately deciding to put it off until after the training camp.

Silas asked for her to write down all of her spells and dreams or visions, which is when she showed him her spell journal and her dream book. He smiled like she'd just shown him precious gems and she let him read them.

There was nothing personal in there, just some spells and thoughts she'd written down. The only pages she wouldn't allow him to see were the pages where she'd written her first impressions of everyone.

She didn't feel they were relevant in the slightest and refused to show them. Silas nodded and Ren didn't seem to care, Emilie was obviously curious and Myra, like Ren, looked as though she couldn't care less.

Ryu leaped from Arai's arms and settled on Silas's shoulders. It looked almost like Ryu was reading the books with him. Ryu very suddenly leaped off of Silas, taking the dream book with him and brought it up on the table, setting it down with his paw resting on the page. The date at the top told her this was the dream about the classroom collapsing, this was from back when she didn't know them all too well.

The tip of Ryu's paw settled by the words
"my friends" and Emilie smiled.

"You considered us friends even when you didn't know about...?" Silas asked.

"Well... I was trying not too..." She said honestly.

"Obviously you failed. Which, is a good thing!" Emilie smiled.

They finished reading the spell book and dream book and after a short game of cards, which Myra surprisingly won, and everyone went to bed. The next day was the camp, and everyone wanted to get a good nights' sleep.

Arai's dream was much different this time.
Images flashed, her standing on a stage of stone in the middle of the night with the three moons shining.

Her own blood spilling onto the stone and dripping down drains she hadn't seen.

A huge dragon tore open the ground, its mighty wings beating as it rose into the sky, molten lava dripping from its scales and setting the ground ablaze.

Death.

Pain.

The end.

Ren raising his sword with blood dripping down his face, trying in vain to beat the giant dragon.

Someone, running towards her, shouting her name, before her eyes closed and she spun into
darkness.

She woke up shaking.

The dragon had been huge.

She quickly wrote down the details before getting ready to go while Emilie and Myra cooked breakfast together. Ryu disappeared into the tattoo on her hand, which she still had hidden.

Ryu was now able to be active much more often, but since they were going to the training camp, he'd probably be stuck in his tattoo form for a lot longer.

Instead of putting on her school uniform, they had been told to put on their gym clothes, which they did. Emilie, Myra and Arai had all put their bags by the door, ready to go as soon as they were finished breakfast.