What's On Your Mind?

Neji

We've just returned from a mission from the hidden cloud. Guy and Lee are as loud and obnoxious as ever. What is with those two!? Are me and Tenten the only sane ones? Ah... Tenten. She's so relaxing to be around. No. Neji. What are you thinking? She's just your teammate. And nothing more...

"Neji! Let's go run 500 laps around the village!" Lee had shouted at me.

I stared at him with the blankest expression I could, and in the most serious tone I could utter, I simply said

"No."

Lee began to pout. Then began crying shortly after. He and Guy started shouted that youth bull crap at each other. I look over at Tenten and she just holds a poker face. I snickered.

"H-.. How do we deal with this?" Tenten said with a confused tone.

"Like we always do"

I began to walk away and Tenten followed. We walked until we were too far to hear them anymore. Tenten tossed her head down and sighed. I could tell she was over Lee and Guy's shenanigans.

"Hn. Annoying." I muttered.

"Annoying is an understatement! I don't understand. How can a person have so much energy!? I don't get those two..."

Tenten starts rambling. Tenten was always one to speak her mind, never afraid to put someone in their place. I always liked that about Tenten. She's probably the only one who doesn't piss me off, besides Hinata of course. I really like Tenten. But I know that's no more than a mere dream. I can't...

"Neji? Are you listening to me?" Asks Tenten

"Huh? Oh, yeah."

Tenten looks at me. She knows I wasn't listening. Damn. I feel a scold coming.

"Sigh" Tenten puts her hands on her hips "It's been a long mission. You're probably tired, I know I am. It's fine."

Well, she didn't scold me. That's good. Although, she never really scolded me anyway.

"I'm actually more hungry than tired, I was gonna stop by a shop on the way back to the mansion."

"Oh. Well, can I come with you?" Tenten asked. It actually shocked me.

"C-Come with me?"

"Well... yeah, is that okay?" She said with a concerned look on her face.

"Yes. Of course. Come on."

Tenten

Neji seems a little tense. Maybe he's tired from the mission? Who knows. Neji can be really confusing sometimes. He's cool though. Really cool. And cute. Wait, Tenten!? What are you thinking? You can't think of Neji like that! He's my teammate. Also I'm pretty sure he doesn't feel that way about me. He isn't into feelings and things of that sort.

It started getting awkward, so, I broke the silence.

"Any idea where we're going?"

"No idea. Just somewhere with food." He answered

"Well... uh... how about right here?" I pointed at The Curry of Life shop

"T-They have one in the v-village!?" Neji froze

At first I had no idea what he was talking about. But then a memory popped in my head from that mission we were in a while ago and I froze too.

"Oh... r-right... let's uh... keep looking."

It became quiet again. Neji wasn't much of a talker regardless, but he was never this quiet. What's on his mind? Should I ask him? Maybe I should wait until we have somewhere to sit and talk.

"There." Neji points at the dango shop. It's pretty empty, so there's no reason we wouldn't be able to get a table.

We enter the dango shop and sit at a table. I'm not sure what I'm going to order, I don't eat here a lot. It's not that I don't like dango, I just... don't eat here often. Maybe I should order the same as Neji? Hopefully he doesn't think I'm weird. Then again, this is Neji, he doesn't really care.

"Welcome to the dango shop! What could I get you guys?" Our waiter asks. Very polite by the way.

"Lady's first."

Really Neji? Im pretty sure he did this on purpose. He knows I don't eat here. Asshole.

"Oh... uh... You know what? Surprise me."

I looked at Neji. He had an annoyed grin and his eyebrow twitched. Ha. I'm assuming he didn't know what to order either.

"Yeah. Surprise me too." He told our waiter.

We laughed. Well, I laughed, he gave one of his normal Neji "hn"s. We talked for a bit. Then silent again. So, I decided to pop the question.

Neji

"Huh?"

"What's on your mind Neji?"

Why would she ask me that? Am I being that obvious? Do I tell her the truth or lie? When did I become so nervous? Who am I!?

"What makes you ask that."

Tenten raises an eyebrow. That's actually nerve racking regardless of the situation.

"We've been on the same team for years Neji. I know you. So what's up?"

Well. She got me there. Is time for me to tell the truth? Maybe it is.

"Alright, well, here's the thing..."