Distant

Tenten

"Neji..."

I spoke softly under my breath. He shushed me. I felt his breath on my lips. I didn't notice how close he gotten. I braced myself. I finally was getting a kiss from Neji.

"Hey guys!"

Neji jumped back blushing hard as hell. I jumped up scared shitless. I was also blushing too. Both me and Neji were very irritated. Who could be dumb enough to just ruin a moment between two people?

"Uh... what are you guys doing?"

Naruto. Naruto is dumb enough.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Neji spoke in a highly irritated voice. "Why aren't you with the guys!?"

"The barbecue place didn't have ramen, so I left."

"Duh, doofus! It's a barbecue restaurant! It has barbecue!"

"Well, They should have barbecue ramen!"

"That's not even a thing!"

Well. Now Neji and Naruto are arguing. I'm very irritated. I think I'm just gonna go home. I'm tired anyway.

"I'm going home."

"I'll walk you, Tenten."

"No."

And I walk away.

Neji

"You idiot!"

"What did I do?"

He's so stupid, he doesn't even know what he did!

"Ah forget it! Goodbye and goodnight!"

I start walking away. I was so mad. I was about to kiss Tenten. I don't know what I'm more mad about, the fact that Naruto just ruined a perfect moment, or the fact that my feelings are taking over. What's wrong with me? I'm a Hyuga! We don't show emotion... unless we're Hinata.

"1054"

"1055"

"1056"

"1057"

What the hell is that? Who's counting like that? I start looking around and see a silhouette on a roof. Is that... a green jumpsuit?

"1065"

"Nope."

I walked in the complete opposite direction.

~The Next Afternoon~
Tenten

Training is finally over. I will never be able to understand Guy Sensei or Lee.

"I will now do 500 laps around the village on my hands!"

"That's the spirit Lee! Let the power of youth flow within you!"

"YES GUY SENSEI!"

Well. Lee's spontaneously combusted again... aaaannd now he's gone.

"Seems like the only ones normal is us, Neji"

"Hn."

Neji's been a little distant since we've been here. Maybe because of last night? I wouldn't blame him. It's pretty awkward. Maybe I should talk to him about it?

"Hey Neji, about last night..."

"What about it?"

"I think we should talk about it."

"No."

That's it? Just say no and walk away from me? Who the hell does he think I am!? I should throw a kunai at the back of his head!... Nah. He'd see it. Damn that byakugan!

"Tenten! Do 500 laps with me! Show your youth!"

"What the hell!? I though you left!?"

"I did! I'm on my 50th lap! Join me!"

"..."

Nope.

~Hokage's Mansion~

"Thanks for walking me Ten-Chan! I just need to drop these supplies off to Lady Tsunade."

"It's no biggie Sakura."

I met with Sakura after I seen her when I came out of the weapon shop. I had nothing else to do, so I just walked with her.

We get into the office. Sakura hands her the supply.

"Thank you Sakura. That should be more than enough.

Sakura slightly bowed and we both went to walk away.

"Tenten?"

I turn around.

"Yes M'lady?"

"I need you to go and find Neji. I have a mission for him."

"No problem Lady Tsunade."

Sakura and I leave the mansion. We talk for a bit, then she goes to the flower shop. She was hanging out with Ino and Sai. Which left me to walk by myself to the Hyuga mansion. Not that it bothered me really.

I arrived at the mansion. Neji was already sitting outside. He seemed relaxed. That's reassuring.

"Hey, Neji?"

"What is it?"

"Uh..."

I was a little shocked. Neji seemed like he didn't wanna talk to me. Which is weird because he's never like that with me.

"Lady Tsunade needs you for a mission."

"Very well."

Neji got up and just walked passed me. What the hell was that!? He didn't even speak to me.

"What's up with you?"

Aaaannd he's still walking away. Wtf!? Why is he acting like that!?

"What was that about?"

Hinata was standing right behind me. I didn't notice, but of course I wasn't gonna tell her that.

"I don't know. He's been acting like this since this morning at training."

"Did something happen last night?"

"W-Well..."

I started blushing. Hinata raised and eyebrow. It was actually really nerve racking.

"We almost kissed last night..."

"Almost!?"

"Naruto ruined it."

Hinata giggled. Of course I didn't find it amusing.

"Well that explains why he's acting like that."

"What do you mean?"

"Nii-San has this fate thing in his head. He's probably trying to avoid you."

"But why?"

"To suppress his feelings, I assume."

I didn't understand. What about fate? Why did he want to suppress his feelings? Should I just avoid Neji too, since that's what he wants?

"Nii-San is stubborn. If you want to talk to him about it, you're gonna have to force him to talk."

"How?"

"You'll figure it out. You have an effect on him that no one else has."

Yeah... She's right...

Heh.