Try

Neji
The village gate is in sight. Words cannot explain how happy I am that this whole ordeal is over. No princes, no mission, no Guy and Lee outbursts. But Most of all, I finally have Tenten, to myself I may add.

We've arrived to the Hokage's mansion to report the mission complete. Lady Hokage isn't in the office. Shizune said something about a gambling match? Sheesh, this woman needs rehab.

"I'll let Lady Tsunade know you've returned from your mission, you're all good here!"

"Great job again gang!"

"No thank you Guy Sensei! We wouldn't have been able to do this without your youthful training!"

...And here we go.

"Lee it was just an escort mission, we didn't even run into anyone."

"Are you denying the power of youth?!"

"No. I'm not doing this."

Tenten grabs my arm and drags me out of the Hokage's mansion. She's grabbing my arm with so much force. It's actually beginning to hurt.

"Uhh, Tenten?"

"Can you believe it? We just got back from this long ass mission and they're still this energetic?"

The more annoyed she gets the tighter she squeezes my arm. This is painful.

"Tenten?"

"We were walking for five days, FIVE!"

"Tenten please."

"I don't get it! Is their blood made of 5 hour energy or something!?"

"Tent-"

"Like come on-"

"TENTEN!"

She stopped talking and jumped as if I startled her. She glared at me for a moment. She looked down and noticed how tight she was gripping my arm. She let go and apologized. I looked down at my arm. There was a purple-ish red ring around my forearm. It throbbed. She was so annoyed she didn't even notice she was leaving a bruise. Now I'm annoyed.

"I'm so sorry Neji! I didn't mean it I swear! It's Just they make me so angry and I- sigh"

She's stammering across her words trying to apologize, it's actually adorable. Okay. I'm no longer annoyed.

"It's okay Tenten, relax."

She grabs my arm and looks at it with a sad face. She begins to rub my arm in attempt to sooth the pain, i'm assuming. I stare at her as she does it. It's actually starting to feel better. Her hands are so soft and gentle. Her lotion must be expensive.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Your lotion. It must be expensive."

"Huh?"

"Damn it! Uhh... Er... Forget I said that!"

Tenten

Neji started blushing. His complements are weird but I love them. He looks so flustered. Maybe I should mess with him a bit.

"Aww Neji, your failed attempts at flirting is a great source of entertainment."

"Tch!"

Heh. It worked.

After we left, me and Neji hung out for a bit. We stopped and grabbed a bite at Ichiraku. We wanted to switch up from dango. We were just talking casually, you know, as usual.

"How's your arm?"

"It's fine. I'm not feeling any pain anymore, so that's good."

"I'm still really sorry about that. Sometimes those two just make me want to... argh."

"Don't worry about it Ten, I understand. I feel the same all the time."

We both gave a little chuckle. We started to talk about things that annoys us, such as Guy Sensei and Lee. It was a good conversation. Well, that was until I brought up the mission.

"Well, although there wasn't much to do, I think you did good on the mission."

"Hmph, didn't think you would notice."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

"Wait, Tenten-"

"NO I THOUGHT WE WERE OVER THIS!"

"Shhhh. Tenten people are starting to stare."

I looked around and saw the concerned adults and frightened children. Looks like I embarrassed myself again. Nice going, Ten. I looked over at Neji and seen him smirking. So this is funny to you?!

"I was kidding Tenten."

"Wait... Huh?"

"You think you're the only one that can mess with people?"

Damn it. Beaten in my own game.

"But that mission did make me realize something."

Neji's tone became serious. That playful Neji wasn't there anymore. I looked at him and gave him my full attention. He was still looking forward. He let out a deep breath before he started talking.

"I don't want anyone else to have you."

Woah. Okay. That was really straightforward even for Neji. My heart dropped. Where was he getting at. I'm so nervous. Is he about to ask me out? Oh my god, so many thoughts!

"I'm not too sure if fate will allow you to be in my life..."

Oh no here he goes with this.

"But I'd like to try to fit you in my fate."

NSHSNSKBSOABSLZBXLMSSKAVSHISHSKSBSISISBSISBSSJHSOWJWPKDBROXBZJSZIVOSBOSBWOSHDSOEHSIHSDIASBOSSB (This is Tenten's thoughts, as if you didn't already guess)

"How about we go on a date? An official one."

My eyes began to sparkle. Was this happening? Was this really happening?

"Oh my god Neji I would love that!"

Neji gave a light smile. He looked satisfied, happy even. This was a wish come true. I mean, yeah, he didn't exactly ask me to be his girlfriend, but hey! It's better than nothing.

"Two days from now would be good. Tomorrow I'll be training with Hinata. Then after that I have to help my uncle with a meeting."

"It's okay Neji."

I get up and rest my hand on my shoulder. He tensed up.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care when we do it."

I lightly pecked his cheeks and smiled. I started walking home, leaving a very flustered Neji behind.

Hehe.