gang baby

gang baby.

au one shot

au one shot.

-

edwin placed a number two shaped candle into a small round cake before carefully bringing it into the main room. cartoons were displayed on the tv screen yet no one was watching them. instead a lean figure sat on the rather tiny couch with his eyes closed. he seemed to be counting with a large smile; and once he reached ten he opened his eyes with mischief. him and edwin locked eyes, not having to explain to understand what was happening at the moment. the father and daughter were playing hide and seek. something she loved to do. but with the places she picked out, it was always a quick game.

"ready or not, here i come!" the person known as zion shouted, to get a squeal and giggle in return. the two parents rolled their eyes playfully. and within two seconds zion moved to behind the couch and blurted "got you!"

the little girl named emma screamed. she got up with a bright smile and started to run to the other side of the room. zion had went right after her though, in hopes of catching her. he kept chanting on how he was going to catch her, causing giggles and muffled "no"s to follow. edwin had to step out of the way if he didn't want to drop the cake. and as heartwarming the moment was, he wanted to get the party over with. tonight was rumored to be special and everyone on his side of the neighborhood understood what that meant. and in order to prepare for such night he needed to make sure his daughter was safe and the house was secure. zion even promised to stay up until everything was clear.

"gotcha!" zion was heard as he scooped the little girl into his arms. she laughed and wiggled in his grip, not liking her defeat. eventually she gave in and allowed her father to carry her back towards edwin. "ready for cake my little munchkin?"

the small family sat on the couch, edwin holding the cake on his lap as he made sure it was close enough for emma to blow out her singular two candle.

"you got a lighter?" he asked zion. the dread-headed male nodded before beginning to search his pockets. upon finding one he tossed it to edwin who easily lit the candle. "i don't want to catch you smoking in here" he then warned while tossing it back. zion rolled his eyes with a scoff, making edwin raise an eyebrow. he was being serious.

"alright, you won't. let's sing now" zion replied as he slipped emma onto his lap. the three of them smiled, edwin and zion smoothly singing the all too familiar song. emma clapped at the end, always admiring the way her parents' voices sounded together.

"pide un deseo emma" edwin said gently. the little girl slightly tilted her head in confusion, looking between the two men. "blow the candle babe" he demonstrated the gesture, her smiling after with a nod. it wasn't too long before she finally moved her small lips together and blew the candle out. and once the little bit of smoke drifted into the air, edwin and zion slightly cheered.