stop fighting

stop fighting.

au one shot.
requested by shortyjordy18

-

edwin threw the glass plate, it smashing against the wall and leaving a scratch mark. any other time edwin would have cared, but with the current situation and within the moment, the scratch is the least of his problems. tears streamed down his cheeks and his fist were balled so tight into a fist his knuckles began to turn white. he looked a wreck in only a matter of minutes. and it was all nick's fault. the older male was giving edwin a sympathetic look, while using a calm tone in hopes of getting him to listen. but of course with how frustrated edwin seemed to have worked himself up, no words could get through to him.

"you lying piece of shit! i should have listened to my mom about you!" edwin shouted as he was getting ready to grab another dish and smash it out of anger. his actions were stopped when nick grabbed his wrist with one hand and took the plate with the other. edwin glared daggers at him, shaking his wrist loose.

"not once have you heard my side! edwin i promise you i don't know who that chick was! she threw herself on me!" nick finally shouted back. he was getting annoyed.

"that didn't stop you from taking things further, huh?"

"oh my—you're fucking delusional!"

edwin's eyes widen. his jaw then clenched, an evil glare being forced towards nick.

"i want you out of my house. i want you the fuck out!" edwin shoved him in the chest. nick stumbled while his breathing hitched. he quickly grabbed edwin by the arms, as if the action was his way of pleading mercy.

"wait no! edwin i swear i never cheated. it's all a misunderstanding. i love you...please" nick's voice wavered as if he was about to cry. edwin kept a straight face though, shoving nick off of him. he then grabbed a nearby knife and pointed it at him.

"touch me again and i will chop your dick off."

nick put his hands up in surrender, stepping back.

"daddy?"

"papa?"

edwin and nick turned their heads to see twin little girls standing in the kitchen arch-way, fear flashing across their faces. nick quickly went over to them, the twins rushing into his arms and hiding their faces in his chest. edwin felt his body shake, eyes wide as he brought a hand to his mouth. he dropped the knife to the floor, his body following soon after. more tears came from his eyes, him also curling up on himself. he hates how his children witnessed him threaten their other father. and if edwin did harm nick in some way they probably would have seen that too and would be scared of him.

he didn't want his children scared of him.

nick noticed edwin's sulking form; and even after their argument, nick loved edwin with his entire being. so after telling the twins to go wait on the couch, nick went over towards edwin and sat down next to him to wrap him in a hug. the younger didn't hesitate to hold nick tightly and sob greatly into his shirt. edwin started to apologize only making nick tell him he was forgiven.

"how about we all go get ice cream? take the girls to the park? make them forget all about what just happened" nick suggested. edwin removed his face from nick's chest, staring at him with clouded vision.

"that won't stop me from forgetting how scared they looked. nick they probably hate me now" edwin complained. nick chuckled.

"babe, they're six. they have their entire teenage years to hate you. buy them ice cream now and i promise you, you'll be the favorite parent again" nick explained. edwin nodded along, pulling his lover in for another hug. and not too longer after, they stood from their spots on the kitchen floor and walked hand and hand into the main room. the two little girls casually sat on the couch, engrossed by the show that played before them. "who wants ice cream!?"

the twins removed their attention from the television and on their parents with a smile. they both got up and grabbed for their parent's hands, dragging them towards the front door. of course their one flaw in leaving at the moment was the fact that they had no shoes on.

-

the family of four licked at the different flavors of ice cream while walking to the small park not too far away. and once the twins noticed the playground they already had the urge to go over and play. they didn't get too far when nick was stopping them.

"either you finish your ice cream or don't play at all."

the little girls groaned.

"papa!" they whined in sync. but with pouts they found a seat at a bench and continued to eat their dessert.

"nick let them play" edwin spoke up when noticing how upset the girls seemed to be.

"i spent thirty on y'all!"

"and i'll pay you back" edwin glared. he then faced the twins with a smile. "go and play, papa will be fine" edwin waved them off, the twins smiling bright. the ice cream was discarded in the grass, edwin shaking his head as he picked the sticky cones up before throwing them away in a nearby trash can. and when returning, edwin had seen nick pouting with his arms crossed. "calm down you big baby."

"and this is why you're the favorite parent."

edwin shrugged.

-

edwin crawled into bed, laying in the arms of nick. his head lay upon the older's chest, legs entangling with each other's. their steady breathing was the only sound filling the room. edwin stared blankly at his bedroom wall, thoughts about before filling his head. it made him want to cry again. but with a deep breath, he sat up to look down at nick. the older was confused.

"i'm sorry. about earlier. i shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that."

nick grabbed his chin to pull him in for a kiss.

"you have nothing to be sorry for. i'm sorry too" they kissed again. "and i would never cheat on you. i love you too much do something like that."

"i love you too" edwin whispered. this time when kissing the moment had gotten heated. nick rolled over so now edwin was under him. but just as nick started to trail his lips down edwin's neck, their bedroom light turned on. the two of them pulled apart in surprise. and when seeing who ruined their time together, they smiled.

it was the twins.

the little girls ran and jumped on the bed, giggling as they did so. they laid inbetween their parents, one of them each cuddling with an adult. nick and edwin looked at each other before giving soft chuckles.

-

request please.
i really suck at updating.
hope you enjoyed.
go read my new book on this account called 'hanahaki disease'

-nevaeh

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐒 ⚣ 𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚐 𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜 🎉