The (alternate) End.

Bex opened her eyes to a blurry figure hovering over her.

She shut them quick due to the blinding light before noticing voices.  They sounded far away, but she could bet that if she'd just focus, they'd begin to make sense.

"She's a little... of it.  It's... sedative... Wear off soon....... delicate... her."

Bex opened her eyes again despite the light above her.  The voice was familiar and she needed to know where she was.  What was happening.

The room seemed to fall silent as she blinked her eyes into focus, the blurry shapes becoming elves.

The first elf she noticed was Elwin.  His hair was extraordinarily messy and if Bex was seeing things correctly, his glasses were crooked, like he hadn't had time to fix them between whatever he'd been doing before and then.

The next elf to come into view was Edaline.  Her aunt.  She watched them when they were little, but was closer to Dex.

Where was her older brother?

Her eyes searched the room, but the only other she could make out was Sophie, her cousin.  Also closer to Dex.

And where were her twins?

"Whoa, don't sit up quite yet, Bex."  Elwin said, putting a hand on her shoulder to push her back down onto the soft surface.  A couch, perhaps?

"Where..." Bex mumbled.  Her mouth was dry.

"Lex and Rex are right next to you."

Turning her head to the side with trouble - her neck hurt - she was, in fact, met with the sight of her sleeping brothers.  Bex turned back to look at Elwin, Edaline, Sophie, and Grady who was also apparently in the room.

"Dex."

The adults, plus Sophie, exchanged a look before Edaline spoke up.  "Why don't we talk after you take medicine?"

Bex shook her head despite the pain.  She had to know where her third brother was and she was not taking a single sip of medication until then.  "Where is Dex?"

Elwin looked at Grady and Edaline, carefully avoiding eye contact with Sophie before his attention turned back to Bex.  "We don't know where he is at this moment."

Bex felt her eyes go wide.

"Bex, honey, breathe."  Edaline soothed, rushing to her side.  Her hands were a bit rough and calloused, but with thin and nearly fragile fingers.  It was an oddity to Bex who was doing her best to focus on them rather than the knowledge - or lack there of - of what was happening to and with Dex.

"We have troops looking for him at this very moment."  A squeaky voice spoke up.  Bex looked to it's source to find a goblin.

"Don't hurt him."  She rasped.  "He didn't do any-"  Before Bex could say anything else she was coughing.

"Here," Elwin said, holding a vile up to her lips.  Her head was lifted slightly by Edaline as she drank.

"That better not have been a sedative," she threatened once she'd down the bottle.

"That'd be... idiotic."  Elwin said slowly.  "Your body has had enough sleep in a three hour period to last a lifetime."

Bex's face must have shown her confusion because suddenly Sophie was speaking.  "It was a warped version of sopordine."  Wasn't that the sedative the Neverseen used?

"There was a negative chance of you waking up within three hours."  Elwin explained.  "Normally, you'd at most only want a zero percent chance, but whoever did this wasn't taking any odds of that happening."

"But who sedated me?  Who brought me here?"  Bex mumbled, her brain trying to piece everything together.  "What about Dex?"  The Dizznee girl would have asked more, but another coughing fit stopped her.

Sophie got on her knees next to Bex as Elwin scooted over to recheck Lex and Rex.  "Do you think you could tell us the last thing you remember?  Or let me look?"

Bex bit her lip.  "Do you have to look?"

"It'd be a lot easier to understand, but no, no I don't.  Why?  Did something bad happen?"

Bex shook her head.  "Dex just made us some dessert..."

Oh.  Oh

Edaline rubbed her thin fingers over Bex's palm again.  "That's the last thing?"

"He'd... He'd been acting really weird that day.  I mean, he had been for most of the week, but we thought he was just getting too stressed.  He kept getting angry over the smallest things.  But..."

"But what?"  Sophie prompted gently.

Bex felt her throat tighten and her eyes sting.  "He was being super weird the last day.  Like, he called Lex Rex and forgot his own rules and wouldn't shut up about this bird.  A few days... A few days earlier he even said that he thought I'd given him a cloth or something because he had a headache, but I never left the camp to go check on him. And... Oh God, is he okay?  He kept saying he had a headache and was grabbing his head, but... but..."

There was no chance of keeping the waterfalls of sobs in her eyes.  Bex felt herself shaking as she lifted her hands to cover her face and brought up her knees.  She needed to be smaller.  This had to be a nightmare.  It wasn't real.  She'd wake up and see her parents and it'd all be okay.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.  It wasn't real.

"Bex,"  A voice said.

Someone lifted their hand to her head to run their fingers through her hair.

Someone else gently rubbed her knee as she lost control of her breathing.

.-.

Dex screaming for their mom to wake up.

.-.

"Bex, Bex, hey, hey.  It's okay.  It's okay.  I'm here.  I'm right here."  An arm wrapped around her waist and she felt the weight of the bed shift.

Bex gasped as she opened her eyes, water still pouring out of them.  She couldn't see.  There was too much water in them.

And she was terrified.

"Bex, I'm right here.  Shhh...  It's all okay."

"Baby?"  A new voice.

Bex blinked away the tears as her eyes refocused.

"Hey, Honey."  Her mom said.

"Mom?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Us too." Anther voice said.

Bex shifted her gaze to four other figures.

"You are not easy to wake up."

.-.
OH MY GOD I HAD SUCH DIFFERENT PLANS FOR THIS FANFIC HOW DID I GET HERE??????
Should I make an alternate ending with the thing I'd planned or...

And I'm not sure how it is that the story is from Dex's view, but Bex's dream but... I guess we will pretend this was planned all along to mislead you AHAHAAHHAHAAAAA...

please tell me if this ending was the worst thing you've ever read and I will change it :D