September 17th

You're kidding me, right?

No, Ms. Dizznee, I am not kidding.

Not to invade this conversation, but if I may add, I don't think he's guilty.  His emotions don't quite show what criminals normally would.  And even if he is guilty, I still think we should lower the punishment.

Oralie's right.  Why must the sentence be so long?  It's not like he killed somebody.  He just stole a few goods from a shop.

Don't you remember why he stole them?

Yeah, yeah.  Classic teenager stuff-

CLASSIC?  Ms. Dizznee I know you're used to rougher things but-

Rougher?

But you must understand that this was extreme.

How was this so extreme that you're willing to send him to Exillum for at least a year where as Sophie Foster's 'crimes' aren't vile enough to even make her clean stables anymore.

I have wanted to do far worse to your cousin, but it has begun to appear that she must do what she must.

But even when it was her first time committing-

Bex Dizznee, I understand that this may be a difficult day for you - one that would make you want to stand up for the little guy more so than usual- but those were different times with different circumstances.  Not to mention if this behavior spreads to other elves, we might as well be humans.

You and I both know that humans aren't as awful as some make them out to be and even then we'd have a long way to go.

Would we?  Because I seem to remember an incident that occurred in a place called China.

That was totally different!  People were trying to get them addicted-

GUYS! You need to stop arguing.  He's getting extraordinarily nervous.

With that, Bex felt her telepathic connection with Councilor Emery and Councilor Oralie stop abruptly.  She moved her eyes back to the boy in front of them.

He was a smaller boy with styled, messy brown hair and big cobalt blue eyes.  His parents looked nearly the same as him, only stricter.  Less fragile.  No wonder he was looking for an escape of sorts.  Bex didn't doubt that he'd tried other ways to get out of his reality.  Honestly those old bats were beginning to remind her of Keefe's parents, and from what she understood they were not nice people.

"We apologize for that longer discussion, however we've all voted and-"

Councilor Terik cleared his throat and you could practically see Emery's eyes roll despite the fact that they locked with Terik's before that could actually occur.

They looked away seconds later and from what Bex could tell, Emery did not like what he'd heard.

He cleared his throat.  "Our vote is that you will spend one month at Exillum all the while still keeping up with your Foxfire duties - but be warned.  If this happens again the consequences will be much bigger."

Bex felt her lips stretch upwards.

"Th-thank you very much!"  The boy said, bowing a bit.

The Dizznee girl couldn't stop herself from looking over at Emery with a smug smile glued to her face.  Always root for the little guy!

Emery wouldn't bother to look her way.  He probably already knew what she was doing considering she did it nearly every time she got her way over his.  They had yet to agree on more than three trials.