Chapter Four

Etsuko's POV

Just as those words left Bruce's mouth our area of the helicarrier exploded. I froze over my body to avoid falling and getting burnt but the ice on Steve's feet melted and broke off as he fell.

Natasha and Bruce fell downward and Tony and Steve fell to the side. I unfroze myself and ran over to Steve to try and help him up.

"Put on the suit." "Yep." Steve, Tony and I ran down the hall before I stopped and grabbed onto Steve's arm.

He turned back around to look at me confused, "I'm gonna be a real idiot right now but if I don't make it just know you don't have to learn Japanese to date me if I survive."

I let go of his arm and ran over to the massive hole in the room and jumped out, allowing my wings to resurface and keep me afloat.

Some lady and Nickolas began to talk about an engine needing repairs "Stark, Doroppukirā do you copy that?"

I muttered a yes and turned off the little device in my ear as a flew over to the bottom of the ship. I was versed in many things but fixing engines wasn't one.

Tony could do that and I'd just try and keep the helicarrier in the air.  Flying under it, I iced my hands onto the bottom and began to push up.

It hardly moved upward but it stopped falling.  If another engine was lost, it would be a different story though.

A loud roar was heard from above me and I gulped. Holding up a massive ass floating building was possible. The possibility of dealing with Bruce when he's like this wasn't.

I turned on my mic to hear Nickolas talking to someone until he directed it at me "One more turbine goes down and we drop. You need to stop that from happening Doroppukirā."

I sighed loudly, "That's what I'm trying to do right now but this thing is getting quite fucking heavy and Tony needs to hurry his ass up." I said before turning my mic off again.

What was Steve doing? Is he ok? Right as he started to plague my mine I heard him call out, "Stark?" Into the open air.

Why the hell would Stark have Tony out here? He couldn't fly. What if he slipped and fell. I doubt Tony would go for him and there's no way the helicarrier would stay up when I went to go for him.

"Stark why the hell is my future husband out here? He can't fucking fly like you and I'm not gonna let you risk his fucking life out here!" I yelled at Tony.

Tony didn't reply to me but he replied to Steve when he called out again. I unfroze my hands and started to fly closer to where Steve was.

I was holding up the helicarrier with one hand while I was pointing the other at Steve. If Stark was gonna be reckless with Steve then I was gonna be just plain idiotic.

"Steve dont shit your pants but you're gonna start flying and I need you to not stress me out about this, ok?!" I called out.

He looked down at me and nodded and the second he did the air around him was manipulated to allow him to fly.

I'd never done this to anyone other than myself but it should be fine, right?

Tony gave Steve instructions and I pushed my hand towards where Steve needed to be and Steve went there.

Flapping my wings harder to keep the helicarrier up was exhausting and keeping Steve from falling was hard with my focus on so many places.

Steve touched the ground and I released him and returned my other hand to the ship. "Tell me when you need to be moved again and you'll be there"