four

𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐘𝐃𝐑𝐀

─────

Evgenia had just turned seven by the time she had her first kill. By the time it was June, the enfant had had the blood of Alexandra and Yelizabet on her hands too. Three kills.

And that was all before September.

The first day of September was a ordinary day at the academy. Evgenia was woken at 6am and uncuffed by the staff. In the morning, they would have their academic lessons and then, in the afternoon, ballet would take place. After dinner, the children spent their time under the hawk-eyed gaze of the Headmistress in the training room.

They were taught to fight. Not in a dirty manner like street kids in an alley. But with style and elegance, their feet spinning around to latch around their unsuspecting sister's neck.

Occasionally the Madame would nod her head at the more powerful girl. And when that happened, the stronger one would maneuver her limbs and snap the neck of her victim.

Now little Evgenia leant over Masha, who was struggling against the older girl's unrelenting grip, her pale blue eyes alight with terror. Evgenia looked up to where the stone faced woman stood. A slight dip of the chin was all the approval she received.

She snapped her neck.

Then the middle of September rolled around. A man entered the Red Room Academy. His name was Alexander Pierce and he had come to find a suitable subject for a new serum.

The girls were taking off their ballet shoes in the studio when Madame B led the man into the room, announcing their presence with a little cough.

'Girls, this is Alexander Pierce, he is the new head of one of HYDRA's bases. Mr Pierce will be evaluating you all to find a appropriate volunteer for a newly developed serum that will enhance your physical abilities. He will be observing your following class so there will be no break between now and then. Run along girls and get ready for your training.'

Evgenia dropped the shoes from her right hand, the announcement having captured all of her attention. A student next to her, one called Alyona, raised her hand, 'Enhanced a-abilities?' She fumbled over her words. They were generally not allowed to ask questions, it was seen as disrespectful. Evgenia felt a slight rush of fear.

Pierce smiled at the blonde as if she had won a prize, 'The serum allows the individual to manipulate powers. They will be able to weaken or use another's strength, speed or any other special abilities.'

Alyona put her hand up again but it quickly shot back down when the blonde woman swiveled her head in their general direction. Wisely, the rest of the class rose from their seated position on the floor and hurried from the studio and up to the landing where the shared room was. They stripped off the Soviet style skirts, replacing them with a dull grey shirt and matching shorts. There was no ducking behind doors or facing the wall for privacy. 

Evgenia folded the clothes neatly and placed them on her bed and wordlessly followed her classmates as they filed out of the dormitory in a single line.

Downstairs the grand, ginger haired man stood by the door of the room as the enfants piled in. She felt his hot gaze as she walked in and felt her back stiffen. It made her skin crawl.

Madame B clapped her hands together with delight - or as much delight as the cruel woman could muster.

'Alyona and Olga, you will fight first.'