ten

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃

─────

Natasha didn't sleep that night. Thoughts of Fury and Evgenia crowd her mind, brain teeming with ideas. Pierce directed SHIELD now, there was no way the man would let Hill do it. He was too arrogant, too misogynistic to let a woman take the highest ranking position.

She didn't trust him.

Why should she?

So now she sits on her bed in the early hours in the morning, a mug of coffee in one hand and a map of the Triskelion in the other.

She couldn't leave Evgenia in the facility now that Fury was gone and Maria had barely any power. She wouldn't do it. She wouldn't abandon the little girl and subject her to whatever horrors she would face when Pierce didn't get his answers.

But how the fuck was she going to waltz into the world's most secure building and walk back out with a child who also happened to be one of the most decorated killers in history?

Natasha glances down at the phone on her bedside table. She has an idea, but it was highly unlikely that it could work. She picks the phone up.

'Stark, I need a favour from you.'

═══════════════════════

She's been in the cell for at last seven hours and in that time, she's formulated three different ways to escape. The guard change every four hours gave her two minutes to rip the bars off. The plastic spoon lying on her food tray could be broken into shards, sharp enough to stab someone. And the agency's obliviousness surrounding her powers meant that she could practically walk out of the facility.

But the food here is better than what they give her at HYDRA. 

That's another difference. There's no guard stationed outside her cell. It's a strange change. Not having someone watch her every move all the time. Although, Evgenia supposes they watch her another way, by the cameras built in the corner of the room.

She sits cross legged on the cold floor, tossing the orange in her hand like a ball. Then there's a sudden commotion. An army green, muffled shriek sounds at the same as a deafening click of the lights.

Evgenia is submerged in darkness and the fruit rolls out of her hand.

She shoots up on her feet, eyes searching for a source of light and a little unsure what to make of her current situation. Practically blind in the blackness, Zhenya fumbles her way to the cell door. She searches for that tug in her stomach and pictures the guards on the floor. Could she use their strength? Or are they too far away? She furrows her brow in concentration and she reaches for the energy. Nothing.

Her heart begins racing again as the panic settles in again. She takes her cuffed hands away from the bars.

Then she feels it. Evgenia closes her eyes and reaches for that sensation in her stomach.

She pulls the metal handcuffs of her wrists first. And then her small hands are on the bars, ready to tear them from their foundations, but the sudden appearance of a short woman stops her in her tracks.

'No wait, I have keys. Don't break the bars.'

Evgenia stands back as Natalia inserts the stolen keys and unlocks the door. Her arm is tugged on and she finds herself running after the other Russian.