thirteen

𝐅𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒

─────

Evgenia isn't wiped. It's a surprise really that they don't take her straight to Caron, kicking and screaming. Instead they toss her into her old cell, and she crawls to the cot, her leg bleeding a little less now that Rumlow has slapped a bandage over it.

She hates this place. She misses Papochka and Natasha and Steve. And her leg hurts.

She's left in the cell for a day. No company apart from the guards standing by her cell door. Then Karpov is back. It's inevitable. Another mission.

She stands up reluctantly and locks eyes with the superior.

'Red Sicarius.' The name falls from the man's thin lips.

'Da ser.'

'You've been missed.  I have a new mission for you. You've missed your precious Seryy haven't you?' Evgenia hates the way her papochka's name sounds when Karpov says it. 'You will work with him to exterminate the Black Widow and Captain America. Remove any witnesses. Compliance will be rewarded.'

Compliance will be rewarded. It's like that phrase drives Nemesis. She's up in a flash, the pain of her knee nothing but a dull ache. She pulls on the suit that Karpov has dropped on the floor, securing a new muzzle and double checking her knives and guns.

He doesn't lead her to the exit anymore. He stopped years ago because it's become a routine to Evgenia now. She climbs into the van. Seryy is already sitting, head rested on his metal arm.

'Papochka,' she gasps happily. It's the first time she's addressed him as her father.

His eyes meet hers with a relieved expression. It's the type of relief that a prent experiences when they see their lost child again. 'Zhenochka.'

'Shut up bitch,' the supervising guard snaps, unhappy with their exchange.

She's forced to sit in silence but the guard can't stop her blue eyes from darting towards Papa. She desperately wants to hug him tightly but she has a mission and she can't afford to be distracted. Distractions caused failure.

The crackling noise from the radio seated on the dashboard breaks the silence. It's from the other agents.

'We've located them.'

The supervising guard nods at them. 'Soldat, you will get to the car and dispose of Sitwell. Sicarius, if he is unable to also terminate the Widow and Captain in less than a minute, you will be the backup. There are rifles, grenades and extra ammunition, take what you need.'

They both stand up from their seats, reaching for extra guns and knives as well as grenades from the box next to the agent. The van doesn't slow down as Seryy opens the door and steps out into the incoming traffic.

One, two, three... twenty-three...thirty seven...fourty six, fourty eight...sixty.

The radio doesn't crackle to life again. Papochka hasn't managed to kill the Widow and Captain yet.

Evgenia reaches for the hinges of the door, and taps into the strength of the agent. She rips it off the hinges, metal flying across the highway and almost hitting a civilian car. She jumps out of the speeding van and hits the concrete running. This new muzzle doesn't fit her jaw as well as her old one but she ignores the discomfort, squinting her darkly painted eyes a little against the glaring sun.

A black car, glistening in the light is parked in the middle of the road with no intent of moving. The black van that Nemesis was in just seconds ago crashes into the back of it, causing even more damage to the vehicle. It pushes the car forward with full speed towards her awaiting papochka, who stands with determination.