Chapter 14: One-sided annihilation

" ": You talking

' ': You thinking

' ': Giratina talking to your mind

Your POV:

After that entire month of training, they were finally ready to go, and destroy Riser's flaming ass.

The rating game was just about to begin, and the entire ORC, minus Asia, since she isn't a devil, was reunited in the clubroom, for a last briefing before the battle.

Rias: Everyone be ready, there's only a few minutes left before it start.

The door opened, revealing Sona and Tsubaki, looking quite in a hurry.

Rias: Sona, you needed something ?

Sona: We were asked to run the live broadcast of your fight, so we just wanted to wish you good luck.

Rias: Thank you, but we won't need luck this time.

'Rias, don't just proclaim things like that, so much battles were lost because the generals were overconfident. You must stay focused.'

Sona: I also wanted to inform you, that beside your brother Lord Sirzechs, the other satans will be watching the rating game as well.

Rias: W... What ?! Brother, I understand, but why the others ?!

Sona: This may be rude, but I don't think they're here specifically for you.

"Yes, Sirzechs must've told them that we trained you, so they're here to witness your progresses."

I turned to Koneko, Kiba and Akeno.

"Don't make them think that they wasted their time, show them something they'll remember for a long time. Give Riser hell."

Sona: It is time for us to leave. Y/n, you should follow us to the broadcasting room.

"Very well."

Me and Asia exited the room, leaving the ORC to their battle, to decide their fate.

Issei: So, when do we start ?

Answering his question, a magic circle appeared under their feet, and when the light died down... They were still in the clubroom.

Issei: Huh... What happened ? Did I screw it up again ?

Rias: No, Issei, look out the window.

He did, and to his surprise, the sky has now turned green.

Akeno: This is a pocket dimension used to host the rating games, so we can fight without holding back.

Grayfia's voice, magically amplified, started to resonate in their ears.

Grayfia: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to this rating game that will oppose Rias Gremory, heir of the Gremory household, and Riser Phenex, head of the Phenex household. The referee of the match will be me, Grayfia Lucifuge, servant of the Gremory household.

Grayfia: The battlefield will be a reproduction of Kuoh academy, where both Lady Rias and her peerage study.

Grayfia: Lady Rias's base will be represented by the occult research club clubroom, while Lord Riser's will be the headmaster office, in the main building. Once a pawn reaches the opponent's base, it can promote itself. That being said, good luck to all the contestants.