{1} The Beginning

***

***

Two girls wearing hospital gowns walked through the forest. They had no shoes on their feet and were practically covered in dirt. The two girls looked different from each other. One of the girls was a little shorter and had a buzz cut. The other girl had blonde hair that reached past her shoulders. What were these girls doing? Why were they dressed so strangely? They stopped when they reached a local burger joint.

They were standing near the back of the place. They didn't move, only watched with curious eyes. A man walked out wearing a white shirt, blue jeans, and a white apron. He had a trash bag in his hand and he put it in the garbage can, closing the lid back on it. He headed back inside and the two girls shared a look. They headed straight towards the back door and walked inside.

There was music booming throughout the room as the girls walked further into the establishment. The buzz cut girl wasn't as cautious as the blonde girl when they snuck into the kitchen to find food. The blonde girl constantly looked over her shoulder to see if anyone was watching them walk back here. She was afraid of what they might do if they found them. She didn't even want to think about it.

The shorter girl spotted food and she grabbed the blonde's hand. The blonde's head snapped to look over at her. The buzz cut girl pointed to the food laying out a few feet in front of them on the counter. They rushed over to the food and slowly ate the first fry they grabbed. It was good. The blonde continued to eat the food, while the shorter girl looked up to see if the man was watching. When she saw that he wasn't, she joined the blonde in eating the delicious food.

Their luck ran out when the man turned around and saw them. He called out to them, "Hey! Come here," The man exclaimed. Their heads shot up to look at him. The blonde quickly grabbed the basket of fries and they took off running. They ran to the back door and they were caught. The fries slipped out on the floor. The man was mostly staring pointedly at the buzz cut girl, "Hey, come here! You think you can steal from me, boy?" The man then took a second to look at the two children he had caught. They were both two little girls... He looked at them with a puzzled expression, "What in the hell?"

***

The two young girls sat on one side of the small table while the man sat on the other. The two girls now had their own individual basket of fries to eat, along with a burger, provided by the man. They didn't think of the fact that this man might be dangerous. All they could focus on was their growling stomachs. The two were out of the hospital gowns and had on over-sized shirts. The shorter girl wore a shirt that said, 'Benny's Burgers and Ice Cream,' while the blonde wore a white, short-sleeved shirt.

The man, Benny, had his arms crossed over his chest, "Your parents forget to feed you?" He was leaning against the back of his chair. The two girls ignored him completely and continued eating, "That why you ran away? They... Hurt you?" Benny continued to ask questions, but neither of the girls replied, "And... You went to the hospital, that it? But you got scared, ran off, found your way here?" The blonde girl is the one to look up at him and she looked like she was about to say something. She stopped and went back to her food.