{10} The Goodbye

***

***

Mike and Ten ending up following the three but didn't go back into the kitchen with them. They sat at one of the tables in the lunchroom. She was now wearing a plaid blue jacket instead of the towel she had before. Mike looked like he was about to say something, but Dustin yelled from the kitchen, "Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!"

"Okay!" Mike yelled back at him, looking towards the kitchen. He looked back at Ten, "Are you feeling any better?" The girl shrugged and Mike sighed.

Ten decided to ask the question that was on her mind, "What's 'putting'?"

Mike laughed, "Pudding, it's... It's this chocolate goo you eat with a spoon," Ten's face scrunched up in disgust. The chocolate part sounded nice, but the goo part didn't sound appealing at all, "Don't worry, when all this is over, you and El won't have to keep eating junk food and leftovers like a dog anymore. My mom, she's a pretty awesome cook. She can make you guys whatever you like."

Ten's face lit up, "Kit Kats?"

"Well, yeah, Kit Kats, but real food, too," Mike let out another sigh, "See, I was thinking, once all this is over and Will's back and you're not a secret anymore, my parents can get you and El actual beds for the basement. Or you guys can take my room if you want, since I'm down there all the time anyways. My point is, they'll take care of you. They'll be like your new parents, and Nancy, she'll be like your new sister."

"Will you be like my brother?" Ten questioned, curiously.

"What? No, no." Mike shook his head with a scoff.

Ten looked at him in confusion, "Why 'no'?"

"Because..," Mike tried to think of what to say, "'Cause it's different," He noticed her still confused look and said, "I mean, I don't know, I guess it's not. It's stupid."

Ten's shoulders dropped, "Mike?"

"Yeah?" Mike inquired.

"Friends don't lie." Ten told him.

Mike sighed, "Well... I was thinking... I don't know... Maybe we can go to the Snow Ball together."

Ten's face turned into a puzzled look. She was just hearing a lot of words that she didn't know today. At least she was learning some more words to add on to her small vocabulary, "What is 'Snow Ball'?

Mike started to explain it to her, "It's this cheesy school dance, where you go in the gym and dance to music and stuff. I've never been, but know you're not supposed to go with your sister."