{4} The Body

***

***

Ten sat on the couch in Mike's basement with El beside of her. She had the supercomm in her hands and was messing with the dials and buttons on it. She was so distracted by the device and the static that she didn't even hear what they were saying. She eventually snapped out of it and let El have the supercomm, watching her mess with it.

She could hear things hitting the table and Dustin saying, "Well alrighty. So, we've got... Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties. Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple, banana, trail mix, and Kit Kats." Ten's head shot up to look over at him when he said Kit Kats. She could see them on the table from where she was sitting. It looked very tempting, but she held herself back.

"Seriously?" Lucas asked him.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons  anyway?" Dustin gestured to Ten and Eleven sitting on the couch, "We have them."

"She shut one door!" Lucas stated, annoyed.

"With their minds! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like..," He walked over to the drawers on the couch, "I bet..," He moved a green blanket to reveal a spaceship, "That they could make this fly," He walked to stand in front of him, "Hey. Hey," Ten tapped El's shoulder to get her attention. El looked at her then they both looked at Dustin, "Okay, concentrate. Okay?" Dustin dropped the spaceship and they blankly stared at it. He picked it back up, "Okay, one more time. Okay," Lucas sighed, "Use your guys' powers, okay?" He dropped it again and it clattered to the ground. The girls continue to stare at Dustin.

Lucas shook his head, "Idiot."

Mike sighed. He ran over and picked the spaceship up off of the floor, "They're not dogs!"

Mike's mom called from upstairs, "Boys! Time for school!" The boys started grabbing their stuff. Dustin and Lucas took off upstairs, leaving the girls and Mike alone.

Mike got down on his knees to talk to them, "Just stay down here. Don't make any noise and don't leave. If you get hungry, eat Dustin's snacks, okay?"

"Michael!" Mike's mom called out again.

Mike looked behind him, "Coming," He yelled. The girls jumped slightly at his loud tone. He looked back to the two girls, "You two know those power lines?"

"Power lines?" El questioned.

"Yeah," Mike responded, "The ones behind my house?"

Ten nodded and El replied with, "Yes."

"Meet us there, after school," Mike told them.