{5} The Assembly

***

***

Mike sat on the couch in the basement, looking through all of the drawings Will had done. Ten and Eleven sat in the tent by themselves away from the boy. They had tried to speak with him a couple of times, but he was so mad that he would either yell at them to leave him alone or ignore them. They finally listened to him and just gave him time to think. Ten is playing with the radio again, as well. The static was loud and the feedback whined. The crackling continued and Mike looked more annoyed as it went on.

He finally looked over at the girl and asked, "Can you please stop that?" Both girls looked up at him. Ten turned off the radio and looked down with a sad expression. Mike went back to looking through the drawings. Ten waited a second then turned the radio back on. Mike snapped his head over to look at her again, "Are you deaf?" Ten doesn't say anything or even look up. El starts to reach over and mess with some of the buttons on the radio, as well, "I thought we were friends, you know?" Ten and El faced him, "But friends tell each other the truth. And they definitely don't lie to each other. You made me think Will was okay, that he was still out there, but he wasn't. He wasn't! Maybe you thought you were helping, but you weren't. You guys hurt me. Do you understand? What you did sucks. Lucas was right about you. All along."

Ten put on a blank face, but the words had hurt her. She didn't let that bother her, though. She just went right back to messing with the radio with El. She could feel that they were close. After messing with it for another minute, a voice sung over the radio.

"So come on and let me know. Should I stay or should I go?" The voice was a boy's. Mike looked at the girls to see they both had nosebleeds. "Should I stay or should I go now?" Mike sat the drawings down beside of him and sprang up. He ran over to the girls and bent down in front of them, "Should I stay or should I go now?" El held out the radio to Mike, "If I go there will be trouble," Mike finally grabbed it, "If I stay it will be double."

Mike pressed the button in making the boy's voice stop, "Will, is that you? It's Mike! Do you copy? Over," Static, "Will, are you there?" Static is still the only thing that could be heard, "Will," Mike exclaimed. There was interference on the radio and Mike turned it off. He stared at the girls, "Was that... Was it..." Mike trailed off.

Ten nodded and smiled, "Will."

***

It was later on that day and all of the boys were there. They were sitting in front of the girls' tent as they worked their magic on the radio. They were waiting for them to get in contact with Will, again. Dustin and Lucas were a bit doubtful that they even heard Will in the first place. They heard the radio frequencies tuning and then an indistinct whimpering. It was faint, but still there. It continued to cut in and out.