Prologue

Y/n lived just a few hobbit holes down from Mr. Bilbo Baggins. Though many did not like the rumors of Bilbo's adventures, Y/n always enjoyed stopping by to Bag End to listen to Bilbo tell stories of his adventures in Rivendell and on through to the Lonely Mountain.

"Please Mr. Bilbo, tell me again how you escaped Mirkwood! That part is always my favorite!" a young Y/n pleaded.

She was sitting on the floor in front of the fire with her legs crossed while Bilbo sat in his favorite chair.

"Alright, Alright." Bilbo said with a light chuckle. "I had just picked the keys from the guards..."

As much as she could during the week, Y/n would visit Bilbo for stories until one day she was met by a young boy hobbit at the door instead of Bilbo.

"Oh hello!" said the boy at the door

He had just above shoulder length dark brown curly hair and the most beautiful blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Oh hello there!" Y/n replied, "Who might you be and is Mr. Bilbo home?"

"Frodo! Who's at the door?" Y/n heard Bilbo call from the other room.

"Hello Mr.Bilbo! It's Y/n!"

"Oh hello little one! Here for another story are you?" Bilbo smiled widely as he greeted the young girl hobbit from behind Frodo.

"Yes sir if you don't mind!" Y/n happily replied jumping up and down in excitement.

"I was actually just about to go out for a morning stroll but how about when I return? I'm sure my nephew Frodo here would like to go out and play." Bilbo said gesturing to the young hobbit beside him.

"Alright! Come on Frodo!" Y/n said grabbing Frodo's hand leading him towards the garden gate.

"We'll be back later Mr. Bilbo!" Y/n called over her shoulder.

"Alright! Be careful!" Bilbo chuckled out to them while closing the front door behind him and heading in the opposite direction of the young hobbits for his stroll.

A short prologue I know but it's a start right? I want to say I'll update once a week but who knows plans change. Hope people will enjoy this :)

3/17/20-Fixed some grammatical errors I noticed

*Kalumiko*