Chapter 15: Death and Separation

Sam immediately jumped to his feet, looking frantically for Frodo. Aragorn quickly eyed the camp before he gaze stopped on someone's belongings. Boromir's shield laid on the man's pack but the Gondor Man was nowhere to be seen.

"Find them. Quickly!" Aragorn ordered.

Gimli and Legolas followed Aragorn in the forest while Merry and Pippin went off on their own. Y/n went in another direction and Sam went the opposite to cover more ground.

After a short time, Y/n stopped and smiled at her luck as she finally came upon Boromir and Frodo. Her smile disappeared in an instant as Boromir began to yell at Frodo. When Boromir charged Frodo, Y/n ran forward to stop him.

"Boromir stop!!" Y/n yelled, desperately grabbing at the Man's arm.

"It should be mine! Give it to me!" Boromir yelled as he struck Y/n in the face, knocking her off him.

Frodo quickly slipped on the Ring and disappeared. He kicked Boromir off of him and ran away, leaves flying up behind him.

"I see your mind. You will take the Ring to Sauron! You will betray us! You'll go to your death and the death of us all! Curse you! Curse you! And all the halflings!" Boromir yelled again before he slipped and fell to the ground again.

After a moment, Boromir finally came back to his senses when his gaze fell on Y/n. She was sitting on the ground holding the side of her face. Y/n pulled her hand away to reveal a deep cut that ran from the side of her brow down the side of her face and past her eye.

"Y/n...what have I done..." Boromir whispered while her slowly approached her.

Y/n frightened however, sprang to her feet and ran away.

"Y/n! Frodo, I'm sorry!" Boromir cried out but both Hobbits could barely hear the Man's cries as the two Hobbits ran in different directions.

Quick Side Track Time Skip!

Aragorn finished fighting one final orc before he ran to Boromir who was lying on the ground with three orc arrows embedded in his chest.

"The Orcs....They took Merry and Pippin." Boromir gasped out.

"Lay still" Aragorn whispered.

"Y/n and Frodo! Where are they?" Boromir asked.

"I let Frodo go. Y/n I do not know where she is but I know she will find her way." Aragorn replied.

"I hurt her in my madness trying to take the Ring from Frodo. I hope she will forgive me in time. I have failed you." Boromir gasped out again.

Aragorn frowned at Boromir's words but tried to take the arrows out.

"Leave it! It is over. The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness... and my city to ruin." Boromir grunted in pain.

"I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall... nor our people fail!" Aragorn promised the dying Gondor Man.

"Our people.....I would have followed you my Brother... my Captain... my King!" Boromir breathed his final words before he died.

Aragorn picked up Boromir's sword and placed the hilt in Boromir's hand and pressed his arm to his chest.

    Back on Track Time Skip!

"Frodo! Sam! Wait for me!" Y/n yelled as she ran into the water.

Sam had managed to catch Frodo as he was leaving in one of the boats and they were half way across to the eastern shore when Y/n burst through the trees.

"No Y/n go back! It's no safe!" Frodo yelled.

"Of course it is, and I'm coming with you." Y/n yelled back as she swam to the boat.

"Y/n no go back!" Frodo yelled again as he and Sam frantically turned the boat around.

"I love you Frodo! You are not going anywhere without me!" Y/n angrily yelled back still trying to swim to the boat the other two hobbits were in.

She finally met up with the boat and Sam and Frodo pulled her into it. Y/n winced as Frodo touched the side of her face were Boromir had hit her. She took Frodo's hand off her face before quickly punching him in the arm and then pulling him into a hug.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again Frodo Baggins." Y/n scolded him as she began to cry.

Frodo looked momentarily shocked before he hugged her back and buried his face in her shoulder. They stayed like that for a moment before Y/n pulled back and took Frodo's face in her wet hands.

"You are my world Frodo and where you go I go, no matter the danger." Y/n whispered through her tears.

"Oh, Y/n..." Frodo whispered as tears brimmed Frodo's eyes before he pulled Y/n forward into a passionate kiss.

"Come on let's go." Frodo said to Y/n and Sam after breaking the kiss.

Frodo, Sam, and Y/n eventually reached the eastern shore and pulled the boat out of the water and hid it in the brush. After traveling for some time through the forest, the three hobbits walked up a hill and stopped where none of the trees dared to grow.

"Mordor. I hope the others find a safer route." Frodo said as he looked out over the hills towards the dark sky above Mordor.

"Strider will look after them." Sam replied

"I don't suppose we'll ever see them again." Y/n sighed.

"We may yet, Miss Y/n. We may." Sam said wishfully.

"I'm glad you're both here with me." Frodo said as he turned to smile at his love and his best friend.

Frodo took Y/n's hand in his and walked on towards Mordor. Sam stood for a moment, taking in the sight of the rocky terrain before following behind Frodo and Y/n. The three hobbits together began their trek towards the dark lands Mordor.

This is the final chapter of Book One!! I will be making a Book 2 but I'm going to take a short break from this to work on a One-shot book! I may go back and edit some chapters to be less cringey 🤣. Look for its coming in the New Year. I'd like to thank everyone for reaching over 1K reads, you guys are the best! Thank you to all who voted and commented! I hope you all enjoyed this and hope to see you lovely people in the next book!

🐢Kalumiko🐢