Chapter 1: Concerning Hobbits

[Quick A/N- Italics is Bilbo's lovely monologue]

Bilbo is seated at his desk in the study at Bag End writing something in a large leather bound book.

"The twenty-second day of September in the year fourteen-hundred, by Shire-reckoning. Bag End, Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, Westfarthing, the Shire, Middle-Earth. The Third Age of this world" Bilbo thought to himself wondering were to begin.
Dipping his quill into his ink he starts "There and Back Again. A Hobbit's Tale, By Bilbo Baggins." Turning to the next page he writes

"Concerning Hobbits."
Hobbits have been living and farming in the four Farthings of the Shire for many hundreds of years. Quite content to ignore and be ignored by the world of the Big Folk — Middle-Earth being, after all, full of strange creatures beyond count. Hobbits must seem of little importance, being neither renowned as great warriors, nor counted among the very wise

[Insert a Hobbit trying to dig something out of his ear]

A light knock could be heard on the front door but Bilbo ignores it.

In fact, it has been remarked by some that the Hobbits' only real passion is for food. A rather unfair observation, as we have also developed a keen interest in the brewing of ales, and the smoking of pipe-weed. But where our hearts truly lie is in peace and quiet, and good tilled earth. For all Hobbits share a love of things that grow. And yes, no doubt, to others our ways seem quaint. But today, of all days, it is brought home to me, it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life.

Slightly louder knocking at the the front door gains Bilbo's attention.

"Frodo! Someone's at the door!" Bilbo yells to an empty house. Still no response from anyone the knocking continues once more.

"Sticklebacks! Where is that boy? Frodo!!!!" Bilbo yells.

Frodo was in fact sitting with a certain Grey Wizard in a wagon heading to Bag End.

"I hear this party is to be of special magnificence" Gandalf says to an amused Frodo.

"You know Bilbo, he's got the whole place in an uproar. Half the Shires been invited and the rest are coming anyway" Frodo replies with a large smile on his face.

"Even Miss Y/n?" Gandalf asked with a sly grin on his face.

"Maybe..." Frodo said turning away from Gandalf with a slight blush on his face.

Coming into town, children crowded behind Gandalf's fireworks yelling for fireworks. Waiting for the right moment, Gandalf released little beautiful fireworks from the back of the wagon earning cheerful screams from the children. Gandalf and Frodo laughed merrily at the children's amusement of the fireworks until the came upon a certain young lady hobbit walking along the road.

"Well hello there Miss Y/n!" Gandalf exclaimed causing Frodo to turn around from watching the children to look at Y/n.

"Oh hello Gandalf! I didn't know you were in town, It's so lovely to see you again!" Y/n happily said climbing on the wagon and giving Gandalf a big hug.

Gandalf laughs returning Y/n's hug, "You didn't think I'd miss Bilbo's birthday?"

"No of course not" Y/n giggled taking a seat next to Frodo.
"Frodo and I were just talking about you and Bilbo as a matter of fact." Gandalf said winking at Frodo.

"Were you now?" Y/n said lifting an eyebrow at Gandalf and then looking at Frodo.

"Nothing bad I swear!" Frodo blubbered out giving Gandalf a look receiving a light chuckle in return, "Just about Bilbo's party and how life has been in Hobbiton."

"All right keep your secrets then" Y/n replied with a smirk and turned to watch the scenery float by.

A peaceful silence come over the three until Y/n decided to take her leave and head for home
"It's wonderful to see you again Gandalf and I'll see you both at the party." Y/n said giving Frodo a quick peck on the cheek, quickly jumping off Gandalf's wagon and swiftly making her way home squealing to herself.

Frodo held his hand over his cheek where Y/n had kissed him and stood himself to leave.

"Y/n is a wonderful young lady Frodo, you best not let your chance slip by" Gandalf said nudging Frodo slightly.

"Right..." Frodo said still lost in thought but turned to back Gandalf with a smile "Gandalf, I'm glad you're back."

"So am I, dear boy! So am I." Gandalf replied returning a smile and waving goodbye to Frodo as the young hobbit climbed down off the wagon.

Time skip brought to you by Gandalf's amazing fireworks!!

Outside Bag End, Gandalf and Bilbo were sitting in the Garden looking west admiring the sunset.

"'How bright your garden looks!" Gandalf said.

"Yes" Bilbo replied, "I am very fond indeed of it, and of all the dear old shire; but I think I need a holiday."

"You mean to go on with your plan then?" Gandalf said quietly

"Yes Yes," Bilbo answered quickly "All the arrangements are made."

"Frodo and Y/n will surely miss you" Gandalf said

"They'd probably come with me if I asked them to." Bilbo chuckled, "But they belong here, together, were it's safe." Winking and nudging Gandalf when he said together. Gandalf hummed in amusement.

"I hope it will turn out for the best, for you, for them, for all of us." Gandalf said knowing what may yet come to pass.

Things are made to endure in the Shire, passing from one generation to the next. There's always been a Baggins, living here under the Hill... in Bag End. And there always will be. 

Chapter 1 done! Please vote, comment, or leave feedback! I'd love to hear what people think! Hope to see you lovely people again!

*Kalumiko*