VIII. Weekend Plans

Waking up, Stevie opened her eyes slowly and took in her room's gentle light.

Her windows were giant and all along one wall while she had black velvet curtains covering the brightness of the day. Behind them, there were sheers---a deep wine shade.

Turning her head, she looked over at the clock on her beside in which said nine-thirty.

To her it wasn't terrible, considering she normally had to be up at five-thirty or six in order to get ready and be at work by nine.

She then pried herself forward and sat up, looking at her bed and around the room.

It was spotless. She had absolutely nothing to do with it or to anything in her large mansion like home.

Shaking her head, she threw her legs over the edge of the bed and stood---pulling her flowy robe over her shoulders. After, she headed over to the bathroom and went to wash up so that she could go downstairs and make coffee for herself.

Stevie was taking in the day, alone once again and it had been a while since Don's last tour. Though, she missed being on her own, considering all the hell Don had been putting her through in the last week. It was just a little odd waking up alone, instead of hearing his growly snores fill the room, or his hand holding her around the waist at night. It was painful to have him because he knew how to hurt her when he wanted, though she enjoyed taking care of him because it did give her something to do, but then it was painful without him because she was alone and she had nobody else to care for but herself and that was a simple job in her mind.

She'd always craved for a man to love her and take care of her as she did him, but that simply was as one-sided as Don made her feel. His unfaithfulness, he tried to put it on her while she was only for him. But the entire time, no matter what---she cared for him anyway and did things for him.

Making her way up stairs, with a mug of hot coffee in her hand---Stevie went over to her vanity and started putting moisturizer on her face to begin her makeup for the day---something she could do for herself while she tried to contemplate the things she could do.

She was often working so she didn't have a whole lot of things to do and she hired people to do errands for her while she was at the studio. There was just never enough time in the day but today, she had all the time in the world and she wasn't sure how to use it.

...

Sitting at her kitchen island, Stevie ended in making a grocery list. She didn't have a ton of food in her kitchen and she knew she shouldn't get too much either because she was never there to eat it. However she felt she could make a list and head to the store and come home, and possibly call some friends to go out and have drinks. She hadn't done that in a while and she felt that would be fun. To catch up with them.

Dialing on the phone, she paced around and decided to give her sister in-law, Lori a call.

"Hello?" her sister answered.

"Hey, it's me---" she smiled, gently as she walked over to the stairs to sit down.

"I know, what's up?" she kind of laughed.

"Well, it's Saturday---do you have any plans tonight?" she fumbled with the fringe that was lining the rug, down the stairs.

"Not really, just keeping Jessica in peace so that I'm in peace," she assured.

"I haven't seen her in forever..." she kind of curled her lips, looking down at the floor out of guilt.

She hadn't seen her niece in months and she felt awful because she was her world. She remembered crying the day her niece was born, she was so happy for her brother and best friend who turned out to be her sister in-law.