XV. I'm Not Sorry

Opening her eyes to a very bright window, Stevie moaned out of being disrupted, though her voice was low and a tad raspier than normal and she could hear that. Settling a hand to her head, she did feel off---the window was on the opposite side of the room, not where she remembered it. Then shifting a bit, she could feel the sheets against her skin and bare. "Oh, fuck!" she almost yelled, getting out of bed, immediately when she turned her head. "Wake up!" she hit Lindsey with the pillow as she slid out.

"Jesus Christ, what?" he flinched, easily as he opened his eyes. "Oh..." he put his head back down and shoved a pillow in his own face, his hangover really taking over.

"Lindsey, this is so bad. I'm so sorry," she stated, feeling so guilty as she grabbed all of her clothing and tried to put it on. She was tripping on her own two feet, it felt like because she was nervous.

She had a slight hangover, but she had them more often than not, that the only thing really bothering her was that she was in his bed.

"For what?" he questioned, taking the pillow off to look at her---one eye closed as he took in the unwanted daylight.

"I could be a reason you don't get married and, or have kids... This was fucked up and I really am sorry," she said, letting one knee sink into the side of the bed. "I didn't mean for this to happen... Or maybe I did, I don't know," she dropped her head as she held herself up with her arms.

"What the hell are you talking about?" he looked at her, his eyes still dilating as his head pounded.

"Bianca!" she whispered. "I know you guys are a couple and the last thing I want is to break you guys up. I swear, I didn't mean harm and--"

"Whoa, hold up---" he put his hand up, silencing her. Blinking a few times, he was trying to form words only because it was so early, it felt like and processing was another story. "We're not a couple. Never have been---except for the night I met her, but... I don't remember so it doesn't count."

"You're not together?" she creased her brows, a tad confused as she watched him.

He rubbed his face violently and shook his head as he did so, feeling so off and disoriented.

"Wait so..." she shook her head. "Did you invite me to bed or did I invite you?" she was kind of swamped, that she could not truly remember.

"I can't really remember but I'm pretty sure it was an even trade," he assured. "I remember you couldn't find your key and we ended up here... It was great by the way."

"This is so bad still..." she kind of went forward, cradling her head in her hands.

"I don't see why," he kind of shrugged as he slipped out of bed. "I really think you're beautiful and perfect."

"Lindsey, I feel that about you too... But I can't let Don find out."

He turned his head and looked over his shoulder and kind of sighed. "I'm sorry---I forgot. I didn't even think of that," he, honestly stated.

That really had been the last person on his mind, especially with all the excitement going on. As far as he was concerned, he knew he must have thrown himself at her with her okay because, even under the influence, he knew what kind of man he was and he would never take advantage of a girl. Especially not Stevie.

"It's not your fault," she sniffed, gently. "I'm sorry, I kind of pushed myself to be with you, I think..." She was pretty sure as she started to recall a little more of the night---it was coming back, slowly.

After getting his boxers on, he leaned into the bed again and this time, he took her hand in his. "Stevie, I'm not sorry..." he said on the deeper side of things.