XXXVI. Becoming Family

~ Months Later ~

"Oh, I missed you so much!" Stevie practically leaped into Lindsey's grasp when he hopped off the jet's stairs.

Chuckling, he kissed her lips heavily and lovingly. "I missed you, too---" he smiled. "You don't know how hard it is to dedicate songs to you and then you're not there after---" he laughed.

"Well, you don't know how hard it is to plan a wedding without the groom present," she chuckled, taking his hand and pulling her with her to the back seat of the car.

Meanwhile, people were loading the car with his stuff for them.

"So, how did everything go?" he questioned. "I did answer for a lot over the phone."

"And from what I can tell, ya actually chose pretty well for somebody who couldn't see."

He laughed.

"Anyway, I settled on red velvet cake," she assured. "My mom put the order in and she has all that handled with Lori. She's being really specific with flavor and I've actually tasted it and it tastes good. It's not too sweet."

"Well, that's good---" he nodded. "What else?"

"I'm picking up my dress this afternoon. We have a rehearsal dinner tonight, mom's cooking. Your mom and brothers are coming and of course Peter and Bianca. Jimmy and Todd are coming and then my side of the family and my friend Sharon. That's all really."

"Big night," he stated.

"I know, baby and you're so exhausted, I bet---" she rubbed his arm.

"Yeah, but it's fine---" he waved it off.

"Well, we have some time before I have to pick up my dress. Maybe we can take a nap---to tell you the truth I haven't really slept since you left. But when I have fallen asleep, like a baby---" she snapped her fingers.

"How come?" he creased a brow.

"Well, I dunno, really," she shrugged. "I think I'm nervous about the wedding because it's been kind of hectic and then you were away and... I was bored, truth be told."

"Well, first of all, we're already married so I don't think you should be getting cold feet."

"Y'know, I had to keep reminding myself of that, too. I think I'm just afraid of walking in front of everybody, I think... I wanna walk down the isle, not fall and tumble down the isle."

He chuckled. "I doubt that will happen," he patted her knee. "Second, I'm here now and really behind on what's going on here, so maybe explaining it to me, will give you more peace of mind because it might fix my problem too."

"Maybe that's why neither of us are sleeping," she added.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Well, anyway---I have your outfit for tonight and then I have your tux for the wedding. It's the one you picked out before leaving. I had Margi send in all your recent measurings to make sure it's good. So there shouldn't be anything to alter."

"Sounds good," he nodded.

"Yeah, pretty much as of now. I'm just so happy to see you, that I cannot really think. I'm sure my mother would love to talk you ear off about everything, though."

"I'd love to hear it," he laughed.

"And that makes you a really brave and sweet soul," she rested her head on his arm. "I missed you so much, baby---" she sat up once again.

"I know, I missed you too," he pecked her lips. "I missed our bed a lot too," he stated honestly.

"You sure know how to keep the moment alive, babe---" she sarcastically replied.