XXXVII. Her Parents {2/2}

Arriving to the bar that was only a few blocks from the house, Stevie smiled cheekily at Lindsey before jumping out.

"Okay, so you make your way in and find us a pool table. I'll get us a couple drinks and then the bartender will probably call me out and draw attention because it's been a while since I been here," she gave a heads up.

"Alright," he agreed as he got out.

They held hands as they went in together, but soon detached so that Lindsey could grab a pool table and so she could get them a couple beers.

Heading over to the bar, she sat down on a stool and laid low so that she could get that far and get the beers. "Two house beers, Angelo---" she stated since his back was facing her.

"Comin' up," the male spun around and stopped in his tracks with bottles in his hand. "Well, if it isn't Stephanie Nicks," he shook his head with a smile.

"It's good to see you," she smiled as well, leaning over the bar to peck cheeks with him.

"It's good to see you, too," he agreed. "Your old man's around, he's collecting his wins over a couple rounds of cards and some tequila."

"Mm, sounds like my father. He's not going back to back, is he?" she turned to look around. "I've got a surprise for him and I'd like him sober."

"Nah, your brother's here and he's doing most of the drinking. And what kind of surprise do you have in store? I bet he'd be happy just to see you, all he does is praise you."

She smiled, thinking about it. "See that man in the white button down over there?" she gestured over to the pool table where Lindsey was rubbing chalk at the tip.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"That's my fiance---" she assured. "Totally in love with him and I'm hoping my dad at least likes him. But I need you to announce my presence to these commoners to get his attention," she laughed, knowing these people were regulars and often in this place.

He nodded, popping the lids off the beer bottles. "So are you gonna play a few rounds?" he gestured to the pool table.

"Mm," she nodded. "Lindsey thinks he's gonna beat me at pool," she rose her brows.

"Amateur move," he nodded. He hopped up on the table top of the bar and rang a bell that was as loud as could be.

As people started to turn, recognizing the sound of the bell, Stevie started heading over to the pool table, handing Lindsey his beer.

"Hey," he took a swig and put a hand to her back gently.

She smiled and kind of gestured for him to pay attention.

"So, we have an old goer in this place," Angelo announced. "You may recognize her from dancing on these table tops as little girl," he laughed.

From that statement, he gained a wail from the people excitedly.

Lindsey smiled at Stevie kind of creasing his brows because that was an untold story.

She laughed, plastering her hand to her head because that was embarrassing. She had no idea he was going to say that and she knew for a fact that would grab her father's attention.

"I never personally seen it," he added. "I was about her age when it all went on, but there are many stories," he smiled at her.

"And you'll tell none of those stories, my love!" she yelled, laughing.

"Alright," he chuckled. "So, let's welcome the prodigal girl, Stevie Nicks at the pool table where she'll play a winning round. Any takers?" he asked.